Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Very sluggish Framerate when in Fullscreen

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TegmarkHome userMember since 2013
I have VDJ 7 Free standard 2deck skin 1920x1200 & in window mode it's fine & runs great when mixing two songs, but when maximized to full screen the performance is very sluggish & frame rate is too low to really do anything properly. Also just browsing windows itself is sluggish as anything, like my CPU & GPU are maxed out or something.

The cpu usage according to taskman & in VDJ is under 20% & my RAM usage is minimal, no major HDD usage either. I tried disabling my external screen, disabled/enable windows aero, restart etc. No fix.

My PC specs are: windows vista 32bit ultimate w/SP2. 4GB RAM, intel i7 870 stock, gtx970, some generic 300GB HDD. Screen res is 2560x1600.

Please help. thanks

Posted Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 7:52 am
Yes, the maximize function in the old VDJ7 wasn't great, so instead I usually choose between the screen sizes that are suported by the skin.
As you can see under skins there are multible ones for different screen sizes.
When you do this, and accept that there are only a handful to choose from, VDJ7 runs much better
However, none of them will be big enough for your resolution
So I suggest lowering the resolution on the laptop while using VDJ7
I think that'll get you the best result by far

Also remember that none of these issues exists on VDJ8, because it's has "real" maximize build in (not just a stretch function)
So maybe it's time to upgrade?
It's free for pro users

Posted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 2:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)