Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm just getting started and in need of some set-up help. I have a Pioneer DJM 900nxs and 2 CDJ 2000nxs a Dell windows 10 laptop and a Rane SL2 interface. And The most important thing I have no sound can anyone help me please??

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 5:39 pm
More detailed info required.

How do you have everything set up at the moment? What's your VDJ audio config (screenshot or detailed description)?

Are you using timecode?

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 5:51 pm
Thanks, I just downloaded Virtual Dj 8. I have both CDJ's connected to the Rane SL2 inputs and the DJM 900 to the outputs on the rane sl2. I have not configured anything in the VD8 because I don't know what I'm doing .

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 10:43 pm
Photos

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 11:27 pm
Photo

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 11:37 pm
Just sent photos, hope you can help. Thanks

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 11:40 pm
Thanks, but I can't see detail in that last pic. You need to take a screenshot (press PrtScrn) or jjust describe what you have configured in the VDJ audio settings.

You did not confirm or deny if you're using timecode. The reason I ask is that you're using the Rane box.

If you just want to control Virtual DJ with the CDJ2000s (and use their own internal audio interfaces) then you don't need the Rane box at all.

Simply connect the CDJs to Virtual DJ with USB cables and set them up as HID MIDI controllers. Once they're plugged in via USB, you should also see their audio interfaces listed on the Virtual DJ audio setup page (assuming you installed the Pioneer driver). Choose 'external mixer', set deck one to output via CDJ #1 and deck 2 to CDJ #2.

Then you only need to connect the RCA cables from each CDJ to the mixer inputs.

Posted Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 10:19 am
Thanks very much, It's working perfectly!!

Posted Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 9:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)