Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video Output Window Distorted

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys, just updated to latest version b3236 and my video output window is now distorted, worked fine before update, tried numerous files to see if it was related to a file type, changed dvxa settings etc but still the same, uplaoded image of screens and settings used. Is this happening to anyone else, if so, whats the fix. Cheers.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 4:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It's only the master preview, or also the actual video output?
No transition or effect active? Also happening with default skin?

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 4:42 pm
I haven't been able to test output to screen as this is on the desktop, originally it happened on all three windows but I rebooted system and re started now only master preview is affected also on default skin (sorry, I should have said earlier I had tried that).

I've also tried running default v7 with no problems.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 4:55 pm
If it will help, I could go to TeamViewer or Skype.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 4:57 pm
Ok, found the problem, it's related to the resizable output window, when it is minimised/resized all the way down to it's smallest size it causes the problem in the centre monitor window, when enlarged it clears up the problem with distortion.

Only found the window because it was hiding the clock on the skin when I went to check the time, maybe's a minimum window to resize too might be put in place so users either have to switch window off or minimise completely, just a thought.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 6:02 pm
Here is the decks now...

Thanks for prompt response.

Cheers.

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 6:08 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
tayla wrote :
Ok, found the problem, it's related to the resizable output window, when it is minimised/resized all the way down to it's smallest size it causes the problem in the centre monitor window, when enlarged it clears up the problem with distortion.

Only found the window because it was hiding the clock on the skin when I went to check the time, maybe's a minimum window to resize too might be put in place so users either have to switch window off or minimise completely, just a thought.

I can confirm that. But it was like that at least since 8.1.
Never really bothered me...

And +1 for the second paragraph

Posted Mon 13 Jun 16 @ 6:19 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The video output is rendered at the resolution of the output window, so if it's only a few pixels, the preview will also show only these few pixels stretched to the preview size.
There is a minimum size for the video window, but I suppose it is still quite small.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 16 @ 6:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)