Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows 10, Mixdeck Express, and Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

msb5825Home userMember since 2016
Hello, I am trying to hook up my Mixdeck Express to my Windows 10 laptop with Virtual DJ. Before I spend $100 to "unlock" the controller, I am told that I can have a trial 10 minutes.

The mapping (I think it is called) does not work at all. The Mixdeck does output sound from Virtual DJ, but that is the only thing that works.

I am curious how I can get the Mixdeck Express and Virtual DJ to properly communicate. Ideally, Virtual DJ should be loading up the songs on the Mixdeck Express, and then I should be able to use the physical buttons, sliders, knobs, and have the information related to Virtual DJ.

Am I missing any hardware drivers or something? I was under the impression this was plug and play. Thanks.

Posted Fri 20 May 16 @ 10:29 pm
The mixer is a real analogue hardware mixer, not a controller. Therefore the VDJ audio config should be set to "external mixer".

This should be telling you that the software mixer (the pretend mixer) is not required. It's bypassed because you have a real mixer.

The controls of the on-screen mixer will not move, because they're not being used. The Mixdeck Express mixer section does not send MIDI. This is mentioned on both page 4 and page 8 of the manual.

Preferably, use a skin that does not have a mixer on screen.

Posted Sat 21 May 16 @ 9:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)