Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HID issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

For the past few weeks I've been using VDJ 8.1, (the latest build), with 2 Pioneer XDJ 700's in Hid mode. Overall I've found it very glitchy. The browser will randomly jump from the first song to the last song, so I have to scroll through the list again to find the song I was going to play next. Also when using the jog wheel on the track that I'm cueing up in my headphones can cause the song to lose it's position. It's hard to explain what is exactly happening as there are a few random issues throughout the night. So far using the XDJ 700's and VDJ 8.1 doesn't feel solid. My question is are there any users out there using VDJ in Hid mode and how are you finding it? When it's working right it's fantastic and very responsive, but it just seems too glitchy and I don't feel confident using it. Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 15 May 16 @ 10:46 am
What you describe is a known bug of Pioneer XDJ-700 and XDJ-1000 firmware.
This behavior is more or less the same on Rekordbox Dj (Performance Mode) as well.
There's nothing we can do to fix / improve it. It's up to Pioneer to fix the firmware.

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 6:15 am
Thanks for replying Phantomdeejay! It's such a shame because I really like using the XDJ's with VDJ 8.1 as it's a good piece of equipment. I've checked on the Pioneer website and there isn't even a firmware update for these decks. I'm not doubting you Phantomdeejay, but surely if this was a well known issue with the XDJ's they would be aware of it and try to address it? If it is an issue they are aware of lets hope they release a firmware update soon.

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 8:06 am
We have informed Pioneer about this issue since last September when we provided support for XDJ-1000
However since most users use these units as "stand-alone" devices with USB flash discs (the bug does not occur on this mode) they didn't seem bothered to fix it.
Let's hope that now that some users use these units with Rekordbox Dj (the bug occurs even with RekordboxDj in performance mode) they will eventually fix it.

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 8:42 am
That's pretty rubbish to be honest. I'm rapidly going off Pioneer as they seem to be turning in to the "Apple" of DJ gear.

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 9:26 am
Yes I totally agree kradcliffe, Pioneer certainly seem to be trying to control the whole djing scene in a way. Let's hope that lots of Rekordbox users report the issue as this is probably the only way it will be addressed.

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 9:51 am
To be honest, (and I only represent my own personal opinion here) Pioneer always wanted to control the Dj scene. Since the beginning of the "CD era" they had pretty much achieved that. From 2000 until 2008 they were the dominant company of DJ gear. They started loosing their position at the end of 2000's because of the digital evolution and the "MP3 era". They came late into the game and they had to play not by their own rules, but with the common rules of all others.
After they managed to establish their position in the digital market, they now try to dominate it.
So, it's not something new, nor something surprising. Only time will tell if they are going to achieve that...

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 11:21 am
I totally agree with you. Personally I think Rekordbox Dj will be a major player and do very well simply because people regard Pioneer as the industry standard. I also think they will make it difficult for their hardware to work with other dj software. Pioneer have certainly covered all the bases and now they don't even need any other makers software. It's definately very similar to how Apple operate and in fairness I suppose it makes perfect sense for them to look after their own interests.

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 12:38 pm
At the eyes of "simple" people yes. However what most people don't know are facts like:
1) All modern MAC's use intel processors and some of them nVidia GPU's. In other words the hardware of a MBP is the same with another "laptop" without the apple logo. Apple does not design their own hardware anymore. (Like it was on 90's for instance)
2) Some iPhone models used a Samsung's processor for the screen management (when at the same time Apple had sued Samsung that the design of the Galaxy S2 was similar to iPhone)

These two facts are irrelevant, but say a lot:
You can't go out on this world and be a successful business industry just by your own.
All companies one way or another do deals with "opposite" companies as long as these deals satisfy both involved parts interests. (for the example above, Apple found a nice screen management processor from Samsung and Samsung got some nice cash! ;) )

Posted Mon 16 May 16 @ 1:07 pm
Thanks for all the replies, very interesting posts and I agree totally.
I might try something different this weekend. The set up in the bar that I play in consists of two pioneer XDJ 700's and a pioneer DJM 900 Nexus mixer.
I think what I might try this weekend is to use VDJ 8.1 in dvs (timecode) mode. I can use the nexus mixer as the soundcard and put the timecode signal on two USB sticks and put them in the XDJ's. I know I will lose the midi/hid functionality of the decks but I'm assuming this will eliminate the issues I've been having.
Would it be better to use the timecode signal provided by VDJ or the serato one? I'm only asking because I've never used the timecode option before and I think I read somewhere that the VDJ one didn't work as good, but I could be wrong.

Posted Tue 17 May 16 @ 10:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)