Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New laptop windows 7 or windows 10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

MellpotPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi Chaps new in here my question is
New laptop on order i am being asked if i want windows 7 or Windows 10 installed i would like your feedback please it will be running VJ8.1 only.
Thanks Col.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 6:19 pm
For VDj8, the more stable is Win10!!Simple
Bye

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 6:35 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
depends on the version of win 10, its auto update can be a right pain, i had a few friends round and plugged in a win 10 machine into the hifi, 20 minutes in and the machine shut itself down and started updating.
[ i think i've found a setting to fix this ]

-start a 20 minute conversation with no music about what a pain computers can be-

so i'd go for windows 7 for reliability and upgrade to 10 for free at the last minute, or maybe even avoid win 10 altogether if it's a vdj only machine.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 7:27 pm
MellpotPRO InfinityMember since 2013
All setup running fine just need to turn off HD sleep and usb sleep in windows setting as delay in reading files will happen if left for more than 1 minute

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 9:55 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
locodog wrote :
depends on the version of win 10, its auto update can be a right pain, i had a few friends round and plugged in a win 10 machine into the hifi, 20 minutes in and the machine shut itself down and started updating.
[ i think i've found a setting to fix this ]

-start a 20 minute conversation with no music about what a pain computers can be-

so i'd go for windows 7 for reliability and upgrade to 10 for free at the last minute, or maybe even avoid win 10 altogether if it's a vdj only machine.

Create 2 Windows batch files and put this code in them. This will start and stop the Windows 10 Update service. You will need to right-click on them and "Run as Administrator".

Stop.bat
net stop "wuauserv"
sc config "wuauserv" start= disabled

Start.bat
net start "wuauserv"
sc config "wuauserv" start= auto

Alternatively, you can change the start.bat file to this code. It'll stop the Windows Update service and then start VDJ. You'll need to change the VDJ EXE file if you are using ver. 7.

Virtual DJ.bat
net stop "wuauserv"
sc config "wuauserv" start= disabled
"C:\Program Files (x86)\VirtualDJ\virtualdj8.exe"

In either case, when you are done with your gig, just make sure you run the Start.bat file after you close VDJ. That way, Windows can update.

Posted Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 5:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)