Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pioneer XDJ 700 and DJM Nexus mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I posted this in the software section and got no response. In hindsight I think I should have posted in this hardware section instead.

I'm djing at a new club and I want to use their equipment with my virtual dj 8.1 software. The equipment at the club is 2 pioneer xdj-700's and a pioneer djm 900 nexus mixer. I want to use the xdj's in hid mode to control the software, and use the djm 900 mixer as the soundcard. Is this equipment natively supported by virtual dj? I have downloaded the necessary drivers from pioneer and I'm hoping to try it out tonight. Thanks in advance.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 2:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the 700 is in the supported gear list, the 900nxs and srt are there too.

if you right click the blue bit in this picture [your current mapping]

then the option to show all natively compatible equipment.

you can check out the mapping for any bit of supported gear, being able to school up on a bit of gear before using, is pretty ninja.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 4:27 pm
Thank you Locodog! I never knew about the option to display all the devices that are supported, very ninja indeed!!

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 5:14 pm
Just thought I'd do an update on this post. I used this set up tonight and it all worked very well, but I noticed that the cpu usage was very high. It was averaging between 80 and 90%. I usually use my numark ns6 controller and that averages about 50%. Any ideas why the cpu usage was so high? I've resorted back to using my ns6 for the rest of tonight. My laptop (not the best spec in the world) is a dell Inspiron 1525, 2.1ghz dual core processor, 3gb ram and using Windows 7. Thanks.

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 9:05 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
just a guess, but the ns6 is all in one, you were using 3 bits of gear 2 using hid and one using midi, i'd say you gave your machine a bit of a stress test and it passed,

have a look at a processor upgrade, dells of that era are pretty good for upgrading [a bit long winded, screwdriver wise, yet easy, to actually do the swap]

get friendly with a independent pc guy/girl they'll be able to help, get their advice and get them to buy it [let them earn a percent for sharing their expertise] even let them fit it.

it's never a bad thing to have an expert advise you, a couple of upgrades and he/she'll give you a good advice to get the most out of your machine

Posted Fri 11 Mar 16 @ 10:06 pm
Thanks again Locodog, and I think you are correct. I think using the 2 xdj's in hid mode and the djm 900 in midi mode stressed my cpu. It was the first time I've tried this set up and I must say I was really impressed with how 'plug and play' it all was. However, as you suggest, it's too much for my processor so after about 30 minutes or so I decided it was a good idea to use my ns6 instead. I really need to look into getting a new laptop with either an i5 or i7 processor.

Posted Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 2:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)