Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: FX Assign on X1mk2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What do these buttons do? Based on some of the scripting I have done, weather or not they are on seems to change things. I don't see any changes on the skin or in other behaviors.

Would like to be able to write scripts that aren't influenced by their state.

PS: getfood...

Posted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 6:16 am
FX1 and FX2 assign buttons are used to tell VirtualDj which side of the controller FX section will control the effects on the given deck.
If both buttons are OFF then "left" FX controls (FX unit) will control the effects on the current "left deck" and right FX Unit (Marked as FX2 on most controllers) will control the effects on the "right" deck.

However if on deck 1 for instance you enable FX ASSIGN 2 button then it will be the "right" side of your controller (FX Unit 2 / FX2) that will control the effects on deck 1.

The default skin and most other skins don't show this on the screen. There are a few skins that do though.
If you always use the left side of your controller to manipulate effects on left deck and right side of controller for right deck then you can go ahead and remap these buttons to anything you want. By default when VirtualDj starts FX ASSIGN commands are off and the mapping of the effect controls will work with left/left , right/right logic straight away

Posted Tue 23 Feb 16 @ 12:54 pm
Thanks. I plan on mapping them to do other things. How will that effect my other multi FX mappings, if at all?

Posted Fri 26 Feb 16 @ 8:41 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

If you always use the left side of your controller to manipulate effects on left deck and right side of controller for right deck then you can go ahead and remap these buttons to anything you want. By default when VirtualDj starts FX ASSIGN commands are off and the mapping of the effect controls will work with left/left , right/right logic straight away

As I said... If you don't plan to use right side of controller to control elements / actions on left deck (and vice versa) then you can remap the FX Assign buttons without any problem.

Posted Mon 29 Feb 16 @ 1:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)