Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC6000 and VDJ8 - Stuck in sampler window

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi everyone. Just received my used DN-MC6000 and right off the bat realized something was off from reading the manual and working with it.
The 4 buttons, "browse, sample, efx and record" don't function like the manual says or I need it to. Now "Sample" brings up and switches the samples window, but when I hit "browse or efx" it stays in the sample window and I have to mouse out to the correct little windows.

I have done the latest firmware and VDJ8 updates regularly. I use a 2009 macbook with Yosemite. I believe I followed the setup instructions correctly.
I have no clue what complicated mapper string to use to correct it (if I even need to). Man guys, this is my first real all in one controller and more complex then I have ever had before. I could really, really use your help. I'd be grateful

Thanks
DJ Scotty

Posted Tue 02 Feb 16 @ 4:26 am
Those four buttons would originally have been mapped to correspond to the four browser tabs in VDJ 7.

The VDJ 8 browser doesn't have those tabs any more, so any skin (or controller) designed for the VDJ 7 browser would need to be re-mapped in order for them to have a function in VDJ 8. I'm surprised the MC6000 default mapping for VDJ 8 doesn't assign them to some other task actually.

[later] the default mapping looks as if the buttons are mapped to work correctly in VDJ 8 - but with the default skin. I assume you're using another skin, in which case they'd need to be remapped to work with that...

Posted Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 5:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)