Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Kam Digi Two with external turntables

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi folks,

This is my first post here.
I recently took possession of a Kam Digi Two. It came with Virtual DJ 7 LE, which immediately prompted me to download version 8. I have been trying to use both with my Macbook (OSX 10.7.5) with not much success.
With version 7 I can't hear anything in the headphones but both internal channels play through the speakers.
With version 8 I can hear both internal channels through the headphones and the speakers but nothing from external turntables.

I have both rear line/phono switches set to phono.

Has anyone here used a similar set up and got it working and can maybe help me find out what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Robert

Posted Sun 31 Jan 16 @ 1:37 pm
you will need a different license to use DVS LE isn't going to cut it

Posted Sun 31 Jan 16 @ 2:21 pm
Ah, OK.

Can you tell me what version I need to use my turntables?

Cheers,
Robert

Posted Sun 31 Jan 16 @ 7:34 pm
Well if you want to be able to use both the KAM and the turntables, you're probably best buying the full Pro Infinity license - otherwise you'd need to buy the timecode Plus license and another Plus license to allow you to use the Digi Two (also the Plus licenses are restricted to home use only).

Another option is the monthly Subscription license, which effectively allows you to rent Pro Infinity.

Posted Sun 31 Jan 16 @ 8:00 pm
Thanks for the replies folks.

I've since found Kam's own information on setting up with external turntables.
Sure enough, I need what they call "Virtual DJ Pro full version" but they go on to say:

"The current retail price is $299 but as a Kam user and the fact you will upgrade your LE Version to the Pro version, the discounted cost will only be $49. You will need your current License Key number and entering that into the virtual DJ website link will automatically allow you to download the Pro version and activate the external input channels of the Digi Two."

However, when I put my Licence Key number in, the discounted price offered is $279, which is out of my budget.
Looks like I'll have to be selling this again without ever really using it.

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 6:41 pm
Best raise a support ticket. Every time I try the online support it's offline. The price on the website was probably for VDJ 7.

There's maybe an error somewhere but no-one on the forum can help with that.

http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/step2.html

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 9:38 pm
Thanks for the link.
I've dropped them a line.
Here's hoping. =)

Posted Mon 01 Feb 16 @ 10:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)