Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX-2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jucenicPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hello DJ Virtual Community, I have a problem with my RMX-2 and Virtual, when I connect my RMX-2 on USB 3.0, My Virtual doesn't work, the music won't play, look like everyhing freezer up, that only happen on USB 3.0, no on USB 2.0.
Any sugestion?
Thanks on Advance

Posted Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 7:32 pm
A lot of older devices aren't compatible with USB3. Just use the USB2 port instead.

Posted Sat 02 Jan 16 @ 7:57 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
A lot of older devices aren't compatible with USB3. Just use the USB2 port instead.

Thanks

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 5:51 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
kradcliffe wrote :

The Rmx2 is quite recent just so you know ;-)

As for the problem at hand, it should work well with most USB 3.0 controllers, but as these are not all created equal, be sure that you are using the latest drivers and/or Firmware. These may not be easy to find since most computer/add-on card manufacturer tend to only post generic and often old drivers. And keep in mind that if you are using Windows 8 and higher, default drivers are installed by default.

Please provide us with some details about your computer model and USB 3.0 controllers so we can investigate potential issues with specific models.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 16 @ 2:01 pm
DJ Phatso wrote :
[quote=kradcliffe]A lot of older devices aren't compatible with USB3. Just use the USB2 port instead.[/qu
The Rmx2 is quite recent just so you know ;-)

As for the problem at hand, it should work well with most USB 3.0 controllers, but as these are not all created equal, be sure that you are using the latest drivers and/or Firmware. These may not be easy to find since most computer/add-on card manufacturer tend to only post generic and often old drivers. And keep in mind that if you are using Windows 8 and higher, default drivers are installed by default.

Please provide us with some details about your computer model and USB 3.0 controllers so we can investigate potential issues with specific models.

Thanks for your answer

Posted Mon 11 Jan 16 @ 4:40 am
djnet71PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I have almost the same problem with RMX-2 Black Gold controller.A few days ago a new update released for hercules drivers and when i try to update them my laptop crash and it went to Blue screen!Before the release of 2016 update i had connect the controller in usb 3.0 port.I try to update two more times and had the same reaction:crashing and blue screen!
After a lot of google search about the issue i connect my RMX-2 in USB 2.0 port and the update was successful!!!Does anyone have the same issue?Why can't i connect my RMX-2 in USB 3.0 port anymore?Any ideas????

Posted Mon 23 May 16 @ 8:53 pm
DJ Phatso wrote :

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 7:55 pm
@ DJ PHATSO

WINDOWS 7 UTLIMATE ,SERVICE PACK 1
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 dual core processor 5600+ 2.80 Hz
Installed memory (ram): 4.00gb (3,75 gb usable)
system type : 64-bit operating system

Posted Wed 25 May 16 @ 4:26 pm
It is quite difficult to see from your image, but you don't seem to have any USB 3.0 controller on this computer.

Do you have the computer or motherboard manufacturer and model number so I can check the specifications ?

Posted Thu 26 May 16 @ 4:08 pm
DJ Phatso wrote :
It is quite difficult to see from your image, but you don't seem to have any USB 3.0 controller on this computer.

Do you have the computer or motherboard manufacturer and model number so I can check the specifications ?

Sorry by mistake i wrote my pc specs.
These are the LENOVO laptop specs:
WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE ,SERVICE PACK 1
pROCESSOR: intel(r)Core(TM) I3-4000m cpu @ 2.40ghz 2.40 ghz
Installed memory (ram): 8.00gb
System type : 64-bit OS

There are 2 USB 3.0 ports on the left and one USB 2.0 on the right

LENOVO IDEAPAD G510 59-401354 15.6'' INTEL CORE I3-4000M 4GB(+4GB ADDING BY ME) 1TB AMD RADEON HD8570 2GB FREE DOS.aLSO I ADD AN SSD 120GB HARD DISC FOR OPERATING SYSTEM AND I USE THE 1T HARD DISK FOR MY MUSIC AS SECOND HARD DISC AT THE PLACE OF THE CD/DVD PLAYER/WRITTER

Posted Thu 26 May 16 @ 5:01 pm
You should be asking this question on Hercules Technical support, really.
Your issue appeared after a firmware upgrade. Most likely it's the firmware upgrade that broke compatibility with USB 3.0

That being said it's a known issue that several Hercules controllers don't play nice on USB 3.0 ports (especially on older chipsets) and that Hercules itself in such cases advises the users to use a USB 2.0 port or a powered USB 2.0 hub between the controller and computer.

If you decide to contact Hercules you could also ask them if it's possible to roll back the firmware update (update the previous version)

Finally:
If I were you I would try to flash again the firmware on a computer with a native USB 2.0 port. The fact that you had a BSOD while updating the firmware was not good.
We are not in position to know if that fact did any damage to your unit. That's why I suggest you to flash again the firmware (if possible) and contact Hercules TS.

Posted Fri 27 May 16 @ 7:58 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Your issue appeared after a firmware upgrade. Most likely it's the firmware upgrade that broke compatibility with USB 3.0

djnet71 wrote :
A few days ago a new update released for hercules drivers and when i try to update them my laptop crash and it went to Blue screen!

Drivers and Firmware are two very different things that should not be confused. Firmware updates should not be performed unless necessary as if something goes wrong, it could damage you device.

PhantomDeejay wrote :
If you decide to contact Hercules you could also ask them if it's possible to roll back the firmware update (update the previous version)

No Firmware updates have been released for this product since it was released, so going back to a previous version would be very difficult.

djnet71:

Thanks for the new system specs. This makes much more sense :-)

I can tell you that you controller should normally work on Intel's USB controllers (one of the most wide spread type out there). We have several configurations here using the same chipset and they were obviously verified using the latest drivers before they were released, with multiple versions of Windows.

That being said, every computer is different, so a conflict with something else installed on your computer is not impossible. You didn't happen to not the error message given by the Blue screen ?

Posted Fri 27 May 16 @ 2:12 pm
Sorry. I confused this user with another... It can happen sometimes... Yes, firmware update is different than drivers update.

Posted Fri 27 May 16 @ 2:39 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

That being said it's a known issue that several Hercules controllers don't play nice on USB 3.0 ports (especially on older chipsets) and that Hercules itself in such cases advises the users to use a USB 2.0 port or a powered USB 2.0 hub between the controller and computer.

Finally:
If I were you I would try to flash again the firmware on a computer with a native USB 2.0 port. The fact that you had a BSOD while updating the firmware was not good.
We are not in position to know if that fact did any damage to your unit. That's why I suggest you to flash again the firmware (if possible) and contact Hercules TS.

Thanx PhantomDeejay!!
I try once again to update hercules drivers but first i connect my RMX-2 BLACK GOLD to USB 2.0 port.Guess what???Everything is ok!!!The procedure of updating completed without blue screen or crashes and everything is ok.

@ DJ Phatso
I'll try your infos and will repost the system device!thanxxx

Posted Fri 27 May 16 @ 10:30 pm

Posted Sat 28 May 16 @ 6:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)