Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Gemini GV2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vidanesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there,

I am using the GV2 with VDJ 8.1. The latest VDJ update as I always accept the updates when proposed as well as the latest firmware for the controller.

VAIO laptop with i5 processor and 6GB RAM and Win10.

I seem to have very low volume on my headphones and cannot figure out what the issue is.

Does anyone know what the cause of this could be and how to resolve it?

Many thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 20 Dec 15 @ 10:20 am
Is there anyone who can help me with this? Or is it a mixer limitation?

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 9:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most likely its a hardware limitation. You can add some gain to the Headphones output using the headphone_gain action (assign this to a custom knob in the default skin).
Once you find the %value of the headphone_gain that you are comfortable with , you can add it to the ONINIT key of your Gemini mapping (e.g. headphone_gain 70%), even though the value is saved across sessions, but just in case you are using other audio setups besides the Gemini one.

Posted Thu 14 Jan 16 @ 9:34 pm
It's also worth noting that your headphones could be either not very efficient or a bad impedance match to the controller.

Do you have another pair you could try instead?

Posted Sat 16 Jan 16 @ 11:31 am
Many thanks for both tips! I will give them both a try and report back.

Posted Sun 17 Jan 16 @ 6:03 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have a G2V also. The only solution I found is to increase headphone_gain setting to something more comfortable. I think its a limitation of the soundcard Gemini has in the unit! Another set of headphones with a different impedance might help you also! Good luck!

Posted Tue 02 Feb 16 @ 3:00 pm
Greets! I own a G4V and low headphone volume was one of the first things I noticed when using it...coming from a Numark N4. Gemini tech support stated that there are a few knobs on the controller that aren't MIDI-mapped -- master vol, cue (headphone) vol, mic vol, aux vol; also booth vol but no one maps that, I think. Those knobs are hardware-only and the volume you get out of them is just that. There's no way to map them using 'key learn' because of that hardware-only limitation so best solution is custom button mapping in skin as djdad stated previously. Good luck!

Posted Wed 03 Feb 16 @ 3:41 am
Thanks so much for this. Just got around to play with it and it seems to be working a bit as now the volume seems a bit higher. I used the mapped button to manage it.

Posted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 8:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)