Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: using external microphone with vdj8 and numark ns72

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

oki so i have the numark ns7II with plugins for virtual dj 8 and bought a microphone for the numark ns7II. I can not seem to figure out how to set it up so that the microphone will work while its connected to the controller while my headphones are plugged in as well.. I tried looking up tutorials or anything but it is either virtual dj pro 7 or old ns7 and no one seems to have a fix or anything. I would really appreciate how to figure this out and all the help would be appreciated. thank you

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 6:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What does the Microphone have to do with the Headphones ?
The NS7II has 2 Microphone Inputs and both are Hardware, meaning that no matter if the DJ application (VirtualDJ) is working or not, the sound from the Microphone should still come out from the Master Output of the NS7II.

As per the manual .. http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Numark%20NS7II%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf the MIC 1 Input (front side) is routed directly to both Program and Cue mix, so if you mean that you will hear the Microphone through Headphones, then Yes you will and thats something that cannot be changed.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 6:27 am
djdad wrote :
What does the Microphone have to do with the Headphones ?
The NS7II has 2 Microphone Inputs and both are Hardware, meaning that no matter if the DJ application (VirtualDJ) is working or not, the sound from the Microphone should still come out from the Master Output of the NS7II.

As per the manual .. http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/Numark%20NS7II%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf the MIC 1 Input (front side) is routed directly to both Program and Cue mix, so if you mean that you will hear the Microphone through Headphones, then Yes you will and thats something that cannot be changed.
well thats not the issue i know it will do that problem is i cant hear it at all in the headset when it is turned on

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 6:30 am
but you hear the Microphone through the speakers, right ?
If that is the case, then the phrase we borrowed from the Numark manual is not accurate, meaning that probably the Microphone input is going only through the Program mix and not the cue one.
Is this also the case with both Mic Inputs ?

Unless Numark means that you need to switch one of the 4 available decks to Mic2 in order to prelisten to the MIC2 Input, which could be a solution for you, but you will lose one deck.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 7:58 am
Maybe he's trying to broadcast with it, and expecting the mic to come through VDJ....

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 9:04 am
thats possible, if a record line is added in the audio configuration as per the manual. The NS7II offers a dedicated Input for this, to record the entire Program Mix (including the Mic). the only issue as per the OP is that he cant hear the Mic through his Headphones.

Posted Sat 19 Dec 15 @ 3:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)