Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon Drivers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi All

I currently use a Denon DN-HC4500 as my main controller with VDJ 7 and it has been incredibly reliable over the years. It's in a large flight case with a mixer and BU-4500 drawers and its left in my residency as it's not particularly easy to move.

I'm thinking of buying a DN-MC6000 for other gigs. I'm using a Hercules RMX for these at the moment but it's showing its age. My question is whether I can install the drivers for both denon controllers on the same laptop and switch between the two? I have had no success googling the answer.

Thanks
Mike

Posted Wed 09 Dec 15 @ 11:21 pm
I seem to remember other people trying this and it ending up a bit of a mess.

You don't really need the Denon drivers for the MC6000 (or Mk2) as they don't work that well, you can run it using the Windows (WASAPI) drivers and that won't interfere with the HC4500 Asio ones already there.

Keith

Posted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 5:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@Keith, Your unfortunate experience with the Denon ASIO drivers is not the rule. There are thousands of users who use the Denon ASIO drivers and never reported any issues. We already know your opinion (already posted in tens of your posts) but sharing the same experience over and over again whenever a "Denon" topic comes on sight is a bad habit , doesnt help users much and last but not least, i believe Denon doesnt deserve this either.

To answer to the question of the original poster, Denon ASIO drivers as far as i know, have an option to select on which device the drivers will apply. So if 2 devices such as the HC4500 and the MC6000 share the same Denon ASIo driver, an option will be given to choose one or the other, depending on which one you need to use.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 7:20 am
OK Babis, point taken. I will leave it to Atomix to answer these posts in future. Sorry for trying to help.

Obviously Denon have updated the drivers recently, because I still have the HC4500 and MC6000 and when I tried to get them both to work on the same machine with Asio drivers it ended up a mess. To be honest trying to figure out which drivers work with a certain controller and Windows version is nearly impossible.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 7:42 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
"Both" could be an issue. But if someone needs to use both devices at the same time, he will probably need the sound card of only one of them. And as far as i recall, the Denon ASIO Utility offers a "disable" button so that the drivers only apply on the non-disabled.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 7:52 am
Not both being used at the same time but able to be swapped over if needed.

Anyway it's not relevant to this topic and I don't need the Asio drivers anyway so we can leave it there.

Posted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 7:55 am
djdad wrote :
@Keith, Your unfortunate experience with the Denon ASIO drivers is not the rule. There are thousands of users who use the Denon ASIO drivers and never reported any issues. We already know your opinion (already posted in tens of your posts) but sharing the same experience over and over again whenever a "Denon" topic comes on sight is a bad habit , doesnt help users much and last but not least, i believe Denon doesnt deserve this either.

To answer to the question of the original poster, Denon ASIO drivers as far as i know, have an option to select on which device the drivers will apply. So if 2 devices such as the HC4500 and the MC6000 share the same Denon ASIo driver, an option will be given to choose one or the other, depending on which one you need to use.

Thanks for all the replies. The two units use different drivers as far as I am aware. I would never need to use them together.

I'm just wondering if anybody is currently doing this and if there are any issues with this setup. I might get in touch with denon support directly and ask for their advice.

Thanks again

Posted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 9:14 am
mikeyb118 wrote :
The two units use different drivers as far as I am aware.

Yes that seems to be the case. v1.0.1(2015) for the mc6000 and v2.22 for the 4500.

My suggestion would be:- if you already have one device and driver installed, rather than start by installing the new driver, start by plugging in the new device and seeing if it can use the existing driver. The reverse may also be true (the new driver may be able to run the old device plus the new one).

Or.......they may both be required! Your best bet is to consult with Denon. Are you aware of www.denondjforums.com ?

Posted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 10:41 am
Yes will try the denon forums and will contact denon directly if I don't find the answer there.

I'd be a little worried about stability using drivers that are not recommended for a particular controller although that may well work. The other option is to sell on the dn-hc4500 and use the mc6000 for all gigs but the old controller is absolutely bulletproof in terms of reliability so I'd prefer to hang on to it if I could.

Thanks

Posted Thu 10 Dec 15 @ 1:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)