Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDj Sx2 not performing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello I recently did an update on virtual DJ 8 and the pads on my SX two are not performing like they were before the update, how can I return it to perform like it was before? Please help

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 10:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Update your software to the latest build if VirtualDJ 8.1 and make sure you are running the default factory mapping.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 11:32 am
I haven't used the SX2 for a while due to using the MC-6000 at a different gig.

Saw this post and plugged in the SX2. The loop roll buttons aren't responding all the time and the slicer is all to hell. What has changed as I haven't done a single thing to the mapping since I last used the controller. Build 2582.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 11:56 am
As stated above, you will need to use the default mapping file.
If you need to use your own custom one, take a look at how the PADs_LEDs are assigned. All of them now have a query in front of the action to tell if the current padmode is selected.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 11:58 am
Why change something like this and not tell anybody?

As you know I have used a custom mapping pretty much since the SX2 came out and it took a long time to put together. I now don't have time to make these changes before my gig this afternoon so back to the MC6000 it is.

I'm frightened to use VDJ these days and this is a perfect example of why. Finding out hours before a gig that something has changed is really poor.

Surely Atomix should let those using custom mappers exactly which keys need changed and what to as it's a real PITA to do an entire mapping all over again.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 12:01 pm
Hi Babis,

Yes, I do remember that topic and I asked if what people were reporting caused any issues and there was no reply ... so I took it that everything was OK.

I'm pretty sure the last firmware change for the SX2 was December 2014 so it's unlikely to be that.

I haven't used the SX2 for a while so that's why I never noticed the changes until I plugged it in today. The gig this afternoon is a club gig and I would probably use those functions. I will pop the mapper through to you on email and if you could be kind enough to make the changes and send it back to me that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 12:36 pm
I'm using the default mapper and the sx2 is a mess like the LEDs take like 10 secs to respond. I can scratch fine but the lights are all delayed. Switching pad modes also and cue modes. It started 2 builds before 8.1. Also the NS7II slicer modes are like lights from an airport runaway.

Posted Fri 27 Nov 15 @ 3:20 pm
i tried to reset to factory settings , no changes . still same issue

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 12:36 pm
Please try with the latest VirtualDJ 8.1 and the default factory mapping

Posted Wed 02 Dec 15 @ 1:39 pm
djdad wrote :
Please try with the latest VirtualDJ 8.1 and the default factory mapping

Yeah that worked, but i'd like to use colored cue points i switch between cue and sampler modes and the white doesn't help.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 15 @ 5:23 am
I grabbed a custom mapper for my sx2 from the add on page here for the colored pads and as of now it all works perfect and my cue pads are like they should be, all colors. Look in the add on section ..there is a mapper there and it works fine

Posted Mon 07 Dec 15 @ 8:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)