Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Track Cleaner Problem...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djscatesPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
When I'm trying to use Track Cleaner to remove certain parts of a song, I zoom in to get accurate start points and end points to delete, but when I zoom in on longer songs, parts of the track disappear. I can't seem to figure this problem out? Anyway, someone can help me out with this?

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 1:38 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Just tested here with a 18min Track.
Works as i should.
How long is the track you want to Edit ?

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 1:46 pm
This particular track is an hour long... but I dont get why the length would matter... it happens in different areas, for a reference, it might be like 20 minutes in, then be fine where I can zoom perfectly, then again a little later.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 1:51 pm
djscates wrote :
... but I dont get why the length would matter...

Not really sure if the track cleaner extracts the track the same way like it is being loaded to a deck ( extracted to a wav file actually)
so for this reason of course, lenght matters.
Is it a MP3 you want to clean ?

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 2:02 pm
RobRoy wrote :
Is it a MP3 you want to clean ?

It is.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 2:06 pm
not sure why this happens.
perhaps a dev can answer.
i cannot even reproduce atm .... sorry

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 2:27 pm
Not sure what a DEV is, but can one help me? Its not very crucial, but would like to know why its doing it and how to fix it

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 3:05 pm
Dev = Developer :-)
Please have a look in Settings/ Options.
MaxPreloadLengh is set to 50minutes by default
Please try to set it to -1 ( means always preload completely) and check if the
issue still exists

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 3:27 pm
@djscates, you're probably better off doing this editing work in a purpose designed audio editing software such as Audacity.

Most users would want to mix tracks themselves, not play someone elses hour long mix. Even less likely that they'd want edit an hour long mix.

You have to bear in mind that VDJ is a program whose primary function is to play back music. Usually individual tracks. Because that's what DJs do. :-)

Along similar lines, you can play music videos in VDJ, but I doubt many people would want to edit a movie using VDJ.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 9:35 pm
groovindj wrote :
@djscates, you're probably better off doing this editing work in a purpose designed audio editing software such as Audacity.

Most users would want to mix tracks themselves, not play someone elses hour long mix. Even less likely that they'd want edit an hour long mix.

You have to bear in mind that VDJ is a program whose primary function is to play back music. Usually individual tracks. Because that's what DJs do. :-)

Along similar lines, you can play music videos in VDJ, but I doubt many people would want to edit a movie using VDJ.

Just to clarify, I don't use other peoples mixes in my gigs. The mix at hand is one a friend of mine did and I really enjoy it a lot but would like to edit a certain part out for it is meant for adults and i dont need my child hearing the curse words when I want to play it at home. But I will check out that program you were talking about. Thanks.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 8:37 am
RobRoy wrote :
Dev = Developer :-)
Please have a look in Settings/ Options.
MaxPreloadLengh is set to 50minutes by default
Please try to set it to -1 ( means always preload completely) and check if the
issue still exists

I have that already taken care of so that wasn't the issue... any other ideas?

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 8:38 am
probably using the program in a way it wasn't designed for or your system spec just can't handle so much data in memory.

Posted Thu 26 Nov 15 @ 7:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)