Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DJM 850 Mapping help............

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

There are 4 fader start buttons on this mixer yet when I go to map them they all show up as the something in the mappers page.

Can someone help me either add the midi channels for each button or tell me how to map the buttons so I can turn on/off and fx on its own button please???

I really wish the team would NOT lump buttons together like this because it makes things harder then it has to. The same thing happened with the crossfader switch and the color knobs.

So can someone please help me before Wednesday night as that's Bassgiving And I'm gonna use VDJ on the PC side but need these buttons mapped.

Thanks .

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 12:37 pm
All the buttons that do the same action on different decks are bind like this, and there's a very good reason for that: It speeds up mapping of elements for most operations/actions since you need to type the command only once instead of several times for each deck separately

Back to your question now, if you want to "split" the buttons to do different things based on which deck they are fired you can always use this script:

action_deck 1 ? action1 : action_deck 2 ? action2 : action_deck 3 ? action3 : action_deck 4 ? action4 : nothing

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 1:54 pm
Ok that's a fair point but then your assuming everyone knows script....... Ive been around here for a while and VDJ script is still what kills me everytime.

So that's my point, if the buttons or whatever weren't all lumped together I wouldnt be here asking for help all the time, lmao!!

And Thanks ill give this a try when I get home tonight.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 3:10 pm
That's why they are bound!

Instead of pressing "PLAY" button on all decks on your controller and then typing "deck X play_pause" (where X is the number of deck) you simply press "PLAY" button on ONE deck and simply type"play_pause"

Much easier!

It's just that you want to use some controls for other usage than the intended one, and that's why you need more complex scripts!

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 8:56 pm
Worked perfectly!!

Thanks for the time and explanation, most appreciated.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 12:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)