Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon MC600mk11

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Anyone using a MK11, been using mk1 for several years, just fancied having that as backup and getting mk11. Is it as good and ready to go as with the older version?

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 7:13 pm
It's fully supported and mapped by VDJ. Two things:

1 - It only has one sound card (MK1 has two). You will need to use software mix which is different if you are using the MK1 in external mode.
2 - It doesn't have EQ on the booth output.

Apart from that it seems a decent replacement.

Posted Mon 23 Nov 15 @ 10:17 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It's fully supported and mapped by VDJ. Two things:

1 - It only has one sound card (MK1 has two). You will need to use software mix which is different if you are using the MK1 in external mode.

Why would you need software mix though? looking at images i can't even see that button on the mixer?
channel 3/4 usb out so if using 2 decks is it not same as mk1

Do you mean in sound setup use speaker+headphone rather than ext mixer ?

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 8:13 am
Yes, on the MK1 you can assign each channel to it's own output and skip the software mixing by VDJ.

On the MK2 you have to use the speaker+headphone config.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 10:23 am
ok, so not ideal for a quick swop as a backup then i guess.
Does this mean that where as now i am ext mixer, i.e not controlling software with hardware actions, with mk2 any movement of faders/gains etc will be adjusting the software?

I guess save an audio config for it in settings.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 10:32 am
Yes. On the MK1 I have the gains, EQ & faders set as "nothing", on the MK2 they are assigned.

You can just set up a different sound preset and of course they will use different mappers. I have the DDJ-SX2 and the MC6000 MK1 and easily swap between them with a couple of clicks depending which type of gig I have.

It's no bother at all.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 10:40 am
Right so just a case of changing mapper to ml11 and sound to pre configured saved setting. I guess as a backup that is good enough. What do you think of the DDJ-SX2 Vs MC 60000?

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 10:45 am
The mapper will automatically change when you plug in the controller, you will just need to change the sound config.

The SX2 is better in a club environment but doesn't have dedicated mic channels. The MC6000 is better for pub/function use.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 11:23 am
OK Thank You

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 11:25 am
Anything similar to mc6000, not too keen on the internal mix really

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 12:33 pm
Not that I'm aware of. Most controllers only have the one card to cut costs. The top of the range Pioneer has two but it's huge and expensive.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 12:47 pm
Just FYI:
It's not how many channels the soundcard has (all these units have ONE multichannel soundcard) but how the sound of these channels is routed on the circuits of the controller.

MC6000 had a 4 channels soundcard. Some thing goes for MC6000MK2.
What has changed is that in MK1 model you could route the sound of the soundcard channels on the inputs of the hardware mixer. And since you had only 4 channels you could use the hardware mixer only with a 2 decks setup.
On MK6000MK2 you can't change the routing of the sound of it's soundcard. The output of the soundcard is hardwired on the "Master" & "Headpones" outputs of the unit.

Same rule as MC6000MK2 applies for SX and SX2 as well. They have a 4 channels soundcard that it's sound can't be routed on the input of their hardware mixer.
The only modern controller that can be used in either internal (software) or external (hardware) mixer mode right now is Pioneer's DDJ-RZ (not even SZ as it can only be used in hardware mode)

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 2:07 pm
Shame, wish i had two mk1 controllers, i guess the way it is going so best get used to it then.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 2:10 pm
Agreed. It does take a bit of getting used to after having used hardware mix for many years.

Posted Tue 24 Nov 15 @ 4:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)