Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Editor Not Working Correct

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A few builds back you were able to cut the beginning of the video when overlaying a video on a song through the video editor.Now when you go to make the beginning small it cuts from the end all the time! I know the video editor tool is a second function for vdj 8 but it has saved my life on songs where there is no video clip!!! I simply edit my songs like that before every gig but i was able to cut the beginning of every video! now you cant! You just can cut the end of it! Hope someone out there understands what im talking about. USING vdj8 on windows 7 64 bit 8gbram

Posted Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 12:55 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you describe how you edited the video?
If I go to the video overlay tab I can still move the selection in the source video to either the end or the start.

Posted Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 7:31 am
you see where the red arrows are? Before when i would drag towards in, the beginning of the video would get cut and not being displayed, but what happens now, the end is only changing. lets say i wan cut the first 10 seconds of the video. how do i do that? before all i would need to do is drag where the arrow is. if i try to do it now it will only alter the end.

Posted Sun 15 Nov 15 @ 7:39 pm
You go to 'video overlays' tab, and there you can move which part of the video is used.

Posted Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 3:39 am
Ok so lets say i need to cut the first10 seconds of the video. What are my actions? I tried what you said but i can't find how to do it. Before i was doing it like i told you.

Posted Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 3:47 am
You move it 10 seconds further like in your screenshot, then you go to video overlays, and move the red checkered area from the left side as well to cut the first 10 seconds.

Posted Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 4:14 am
Ok I'm gonna try it out and come back here to report. Thank you for your time Adion

Posted Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 4:20 am
ok i found it but it took me like 10 minutes to sync the video 100% perfectly! ive been a user of vdj8 for 8 months i never used the overlay tab. Something did change along the way of the video editor. Anyway...

Posted Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 9:06 pm
Ok tried it second time today with this stupid overlay tab thing which i have never used and i still cant cut the beginning of the video.

Posted Tue 17 Nov 15 @ 3:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)