Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Reloop Neon Enocder Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJJDROXPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Hello,

So I recently purchased the Reloop Neon and I'm trying to map effect parameters for the encoder knobs at the top. I use a Pioneer DDJ S1, so I'm looking to make the two knobs on the NEON only control the 1st and 2nd parameters of the 3 selected effects in my skin. Not ideal to change all three at once but not sure what else to do! I do not need the NEON to browse and loop tracks - My S1 works swell for that. The NEON works, but only if I have the correct Deck selected on the reloop (duh - i know) but it also must have the PFL selected as well - at least this is what I've found.

Right now the encoder knobs are mapped like this.
Encoder 1 - var 'fxhold' ? effect_slider 1 1 & effect_slider 2 1 & effect_slider 3 1 : browser_scroll
Encoder 2 - var 'fxhold' ? effect_slider 1 2 & effect_slider 2 2 & effect_slider 3 2 : loop_double

I'm not worried about the variables due to not needing the encoders to browser_scroll, or control loop length, so I mod'd them to:
effect_slider 1 1 & effect_slider 2 1 & effect_slider 3 1
effect_slider 1 2 & effect_slider 2 2 & effect_slider 3 2

The only way I can have both knobs to work on a specific deck is to have the deck select buttons (DECK#_SEL) mapped like deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select - which PFL's the deck as well. A simple Deck 1 didn't do the trick. Is there anyway to select the deck and not have the PFL follow so I can PFL to a desired deck with my S1, and control which deck I select to apply affects to via the NEON independently? My end goal is to use my DDJ S1 to PFL to a track, but apply an effect to a deck by pressing the deck select button on the Neon and turning the knobs, without jumping my headphones to that deck. Sometimes I will want to echo out or apply some other effect to a track while I'm PFL'ing to the next one in my phones. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Win 7
VDJ 8

Posted Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 10:05 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Not sure but try to disable the autoHeadphones option. So your deck left and deck x select shouldn't change your PFL anymore.

Posted Mon 16 Nov 15 @ 6:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)