Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Kontrol Z2 cross fader midi control

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I recently purchased VDJ8 infinity. I'm using a kontrol Z2. Pretty much everything worked as soon as I plugged in and launched VDJ. Except for one thing. My cross fader seems to control the software fader partially. It will not move 100% percent. When I try to do any scratches, the cross fader in the software will bleed or just doesn't respond to the fullest. I don't have this problem when I'm using the Traktor program. Does anybody else have this problem? I must mention that I have the Innofader PNP installed on my Z2

MacBook Pro osx 10.9.5

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 7:41 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
While the crossfader is at far left or far right and have "bleeding", move your mouse over the software crossfader (and make sure Tooltips are enabled from Settings). What % does the Tooltip show ?

Posted Sun 08 Nov 15 @ 9:57 am
Control Z2 is a HID unit. This means that the crossfader has very big resolution and that if it's not placed 100% correctly on place it may not report 0% or 100% when it's in the end positions (Even the slightest movement can through out the value)
Please do as djdad above told you to do for BOTH places of the crossfader and let us know

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 12:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
and to add on this, you could use a custom "scratch" crossfader curve and have the decks "cutting" earlier to bypass this high-resolution.
So in Settings->Options, search for the Setting Crossfader Curve. Set it to Custom and then search for the Custom setting and set it something like this..

0=[1,0]/0.1=[1,0]/0.11=[1,1]/0.89=[1,1]/0.9=[0,1]/1=[0,1]

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 3:44 pm
This works for me ..thank you djdad

Posted Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 10:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)