Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: DDJ-SB2 pads register as hit twice (Occasionally) - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
changes are available in 8.1
All you need to do is to query the padmode on each PAD LED, so add the bold part of the following to each LED of the PADS ..
LED_PAD_XXX = var 'padmode' x ? what_ever_action_it_had_already
where x is the number of the related Pads mode (e.g. for Hotcues its 0)

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 10:38 pm
Same. I tried your XML and added back my own stuff. I did not modify the hotcues or play/pause at all so they are the same as in your XML. I still get occasional stutter. Also which build is 8.1? I installed build 2523. Is this 8.1? If not where can I download 8.1?

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 11:14 pm
Upload your custom mapping and send me the link via PM

BTW, what exactly do you mean by occasionally stutter? Have you optimized your computer for best performance ?

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 11:16 pm
PM sent. I have also updated to 8.1 beta build using the options. I will have to see if that helps any.

I don't think it's an issue with my PC as such. I am extremely on top of optimizations in terms of both power use and background tasks on a i7 4770k with 16Gb and SSD setup. Drivers are always kept up to date as well as BIOS firmware etc. There should be no reason for the double tap registering and it is not hardware because I can sit there all day pressing the same pads 100's of times without it repeating. It only happens when a new track has been loaded. Even if I allow it to completely load before touching a hotcue pad or play/pause.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 11:28 pm
Your custom mapping did not have the changes, so most likely, you didnt use the mapping i had sent you in the past. Sent you an edited mapping to try via PM.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 11:46 pm
Will try thanks.

Posted Thu 19 Nov 15 @ 11:58 pm
It's still doing it with 8.1 and your XML.

Posted Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 5:59 pm
Really cant find anything in the mapping files that could lead to such behavior, so please try the following..
- Backup and delete the settings.xml file from the /VirtualDJ folder or choose Restore to Default Settings from the OPTIONS and relaunch (see if there is any difference)
- See if the same behavior is present when using Serato DJ
- Make sure Mappers and Devices folders are empty and use 8.1 (the corrected mapping file is already there included)
- Just in case of a weird conflict, disable Wifi, Bluetooth and Ehternet from Device Manager and try again.
- Not sure if its available in the firmware of the DDJ-SB2 (i only have the DDJ-SB here), but also try to disable the "Demo mode" where the LEDs kinda flash/cycling when not used for x seconds/minutes ..so check the manual of the unit for this feature.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 6:39 am
The last option demo mode I already disabled. But I will have to test the other options you have suggested.

Posted Sat 21 Nov 15 @ 7:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)