Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: NS7II platter problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello ok i have a 2010 mackbook pro ssd hdd 8 gig ram ns7II controller and am having a problem with the platters the sound is skippy and glitchy when motors are on to avoid the sound problem i half to turn the motors off! at first i thought it was a ns7 problem but after trouble shooting it i have narrowed it down to be software it works beautifully with serato dj not even so much as a hickup. is their any idea on a possible fix i would like to use virtal dj again as for now i am stuck using serato till vdj works properly with my setup thank you team!!

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 5:21 pm
IMO / IME motorized platters and VDJ have never really got on very well. I have a pair of Denon decks which don't work well in VDJ.

If you check around the forum you'll see many posts from people having similar problems with their platters. Denon, Numark, Stanton.....

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 5:55 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I know this isn't helpful for the OP but I use my NS7II for most of my gigs, with the motors on and don't experience any glitching at all.

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 7:45 pm
On a Mac? Did you have to tweak any VDJ settings in order to get everything working?

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 9:37 pm
i have tried everything from latency to optimizing my mac!!

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 1:47 am
@Sbdj
It would be useful to know which parameters to use x NS7 II & Mac Yosemite

Posted Mon 02 Nov 15 @ 4:24 pm
Try running it with 45rpm and bit accurate audio see if that helps.

Posted Tue 03 Nov 15 @ 5:22 am
DJCG22PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I use a NS7fx and it works well with the latest version of VDJ8, so if you can update please do so. I do recommend you have the latest NS72 driver installed on your MBP you can find those on the numark website. I do have that spinning platter problem when using VDJ7, I have to turn the platters off in order for it to work properly, otherwise it sounds like a old cassette lol

Posted Thu 05 Nov 15 @ 10:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)