Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: using my vdj 8 with controller on laptop

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

usually i play around with my vdj 8 on a stationary pc, but now i have bought myself a laptop, wich runs smooth and really fine in all aspects.

my problem how ever is that i have a reloop beatmix 4 controller and ever since i started using it on my lap top, not all the leds will shine/turn on, and the leds around the jog wheel dont work properly any more, some of them do not turn off and some of them never turn on, the drum pds will nor all work either in the leds.

i have gotten myself a usb with external power source cause i thought it might be that problem with to little power from the lap top to handle the controller and externakl hard drive. but i hast changed a bit.

what could be the problem?

im running win 7

with beatmix 4 controller + home license

greetings to all

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 3:01 pm
it should be noted that i have vdj 8 installed on an external hard drive now, so wheter that is the problem or not i dont know.

but that is the only change since i got the lap top besides the laptop itself.

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 4:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is the Beatmix running fine on your older computer ? and what OS does the old computer have ?
Are both of your computers running the same VirtualDJ build , and which one is that ?

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 6:02 pm
old computer allways ran fine no matter what i did, : vista 64, vdj 8 a few updates back

laptop is : win 7 with the newest update, just updated 2day, and no change........

heard something about it might be the laptop is not popwerfull enough to route the power for all the leds in the controller.....

but i connect with a external powered usb hub now.

lasptop vdj 8 fileversion is : 8.02441.0

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 9:50 pm
and if i play 1 song long enough and just let it play there is no trouble, but when then activate another deck and play around here comes trouble, so it might seem a power problem..

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 9:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I ll have a look on Monday, but in the meantime check if there is an updated firmware on the reloop website, and try a couple of different USB cables.

Posted Sat 31 Oct 15 @ 2:08 pm
i have now updated the firmware from reloop, it seems so far it worked :) so thx alot for the quick respons

Posted Sun 01 Nov 15 @ 7:57 pm
TonittaPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I am new at this and I would like to know how to preview my music through the headphones before I play through speakers. I have virtual dj 8 and I am using Hercules dj console rmx. I would appreciate any help and thanks.

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 7:49 am

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 1:55 pm
im having difficulti myself abnout my head phones, it seems suddenly my settings change with i change them, can hear the non master track even if i select to only play master track, and i stops bugging for a while when i take faders up and down quickly.

Posted Wed 25 Nov 15 @ 3:34 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)