Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Rmx soundcard and other hardware

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi
I was just wondering if i will need to use an extra AUX device to use with my hercules RMX or
i can connect the RMX directly to the speakrs ? (for home use only, small room)
Im a bit scare the RMX soundcard won't handle the speakers directly.

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 1:10 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
As long as your speakers are amplified or otherwise known as Active (like most regular PC and home studio speakers are), then they can be connected to the Rmx without problem.

If you plan on using Passive speakers, then obviously you'll need an amplifier between them the Rmx

Posted Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 11:35 am

Posted Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 6:00 pm
Interesting concept :-)

Yes, this is an amplified speaker so it should work for your purpose.

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 12:08 pm
Thanks djphatso
I'm still very concerned that a couple of songs react bad to the bass level.
i dont know how its called, when we hear drum base the sound suddenly lowers ( fraction of second) a bit and comes back.
I guess i'll have to delete them from the project.

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 12:57 pm
If these files sound fines when you listen to them over headphones, then it could be something with the speaker itself (something loose inside, etc). One way to verify this would be to play them from another source (iPod or similar) and see if you get the same results.

Otherwise, if all of your files have been normalized, then you shouldn't have drastic differences in levels. You may want to double-check that for the files in questions.

And this might sound a bit counter-productive, but you also want to keep the bass level on both the software and the speaker to an adequate level. Having everything maxed out is never a good idea.

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 1:42 pm
I didnt think about playing them from another device, i will do that.
My bass levels are all in the middle, a bit lower in the speakers (in the provided link)
because i find it has a really strong bass sound, might be too much for the needs.

Posted Fri 30 Oct 15 @ 6:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)