Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Control vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have two stanton t62's, a hercules dj trim sound card, using windows, and virtual dj 8 control vinyls. When the vinyls do calibrate which is very rarely the music is very distorted. Most of the time they won't calibrate at all. Lines are all on phono and feel confident the set up is correct. Please help

Posted Mon 26 Oct 15 @ 10:10 pm
From your TRIM control panel lower the input volume. Keep lowering the volume until you get a clean signal. On some cases you may need to adjust inputs as low as 10%

Then everything should work properly

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 12:54 pm
Thanks for the response I tried adjusting input levels on the trim soundcard and no difference. Bass is over powering vocals are almost in able to make out. When I ca liberate it says 100 percent but the circle does not seem as sharp as some of the ones when watching views of people calibrating their control vinyl. I'm using a berhinger vmx200usb mixer. Which really does not seem to work that good with virtual dj very well. Left turntable play on left virtual turntable on my virtual dj skin however is controlled by the right side of mixer no matter how I switch the cables around. Do you think switching to serato control vinyl instead of the vdj vinyl I have will improve anything. Is it possible my needle pressure needs adjusred. I'm a huge novice especially with incorporating hardware and softwareso hopefully you bear with my stupid questions.

Thanks again

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 8:30 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you post screenshots of the Hercules Control Panel and the VirtualDJ Audio configuration ?
And if possible a pic or a diagram showing your connections.
Vinyl types shouldnt matter.

Posted Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 3:55 am
Thanks for you help it was a volume issue but I got it working.

Posted Thu 29 Oct 15 @ 11:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)