Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Audio-Offset till hitting a Cue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!
I discovered a slightly strange bug a few months ago...
It disappeared for a while but now its coming up again:

I normally do my transition on the first (left) deck... After that I clone it to the second (right) deck and do another transition on the left deck.
The bug is:
When I load a song on the first deck, even if it is synced AND THE WAVEFORMS are alligned, it sometimes is offset for a few (maybe 50-100) milliseconds compared to the right deck.
So I have to temporaly slow down (pitch-bend) the left deck to get both tracks synced manually.
Now the waveforms are not alligned but the tracks fit together...
As soon as I hit a hot-cue button (with quantize / smart_cue on) the tracks are NOT ALLIGNED any more.
The track on the left deck now matches the waveform which is still offset to the one on the right deck.
Bending the deck forward again, or hitting the sync button alligns the waveforms again as they should look like and the tracks now fit together.
So this happens only after hitting a hot_cue button.

If I clone the deck without hitting a hot-cue before cloning the second deck is normal with in this waveform-audio-thing, but the first one is still offset.
So I think the problem is somewhere in the loading action.

I don't know what it could be, thats why I write the whole procedure to give you a better picture of the situation.
Maybe it also has something to do with the "load & play", or the "play_sync", "play_sync_onbeat" or even the "smart_play" function.
I use this once, some of this simultaneously.

But I think I saw some entry in the Update-History about the "load & play" action.

I attached an screenshot on which the same track plays on both decks and the audio alligns each other, but the waveforms are offset.
If I would press a hot-cue during that what happens on the picture the waveforms will still stay the same but then the audio would not allign anymore.

Could you please fix that...
It's not happening all the time but it is the most appearing bug and it is very very annoying.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 1:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)