Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules 4mx pitch reset light

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Folks,
Pitch reset light (green) is working on the left deck but not the right. Have tried hitting pitch +\- together for pitch reset but it still wont light.
Have reinstalled the latest drivers but still no joy. I thought it simply might be a faulty led but unlikely.
When i turned my 4mx on today i noticed a lot of my hot keys no longer had the latest settings i applied in VDJ8 pro. I can fix those easy enough but just cant get this pitch reset light to work.

Am i missing something?
Appreciate your help

Simon.

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 5:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How exactly do you want the PITCH LED to behave ?
If you assign the LED_PITCH as .... on ... do both LEDs light up ?

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 7:44 pm
Hi,

And thank you for coming back to me. With regards to the enclosed I'm ensure how to do this, or to set mappers etc.

Essentially if the pitch slider is not at the correct position when a new track is loaded and I hit SYNC, the pitch reset light illuminates. I then move the slide until it goes out, at that stage knowing the pitch slider is thus in the correct position.

Whatever is wrong with Deck B, ive noticed as well that even on SYNC its struggling to hold the beat, so the settings for Deck A and the way it performs do not appear to match Deck B.

I would do a factory reset on the Hercules 4MX if that would help but I thought there might be an easier way to sort this. Essentially deck B does not appear to be working in harmony with Deck A. Deck A is performing as I want to. I have not changed any settings myself, although a VDJ upgrade was performed since the last time the 4mx was working properly.

Appreciate your help

Simon.

Posted Fri 23 Oct 15 @ 7:58 pm
Hmm sounds like "Beatlock" is enabled on Deck B.
Use the default 2 Decks skin and open the SCRATCH center panel. See if the Beatlock icon (round dot) is on (and turn it off)

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 6:08 am
Hi, Sadly not. Just checked and its not enabled. Switched it on/off to be sure but still cant get the pitch reset light to illuminate.
Was thinking of resetting factory settings on vdj8 but no idea if this would make a difference.

It could be purely a faulty led which has blown? However following the vdj software upgrade, when i connected the hercules 4mx a number of the button settings had altered. This is the only one i dont seem to be able to correct.

Really do appreciate your help.

Simon

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 8:41 am
Reset the factory settings, no joy. The more im think about this the led has blown. Unless there is anything else you can think off?

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 10:42 am
Did you try to map it as .. on ?
Open VirtualDJ 8, goto Settings-->CONTROLLERS tab
Select the Hercules from the top-left list.
Click on the "Key" header to sort the Keys alphabetically
Search for the Key "LED_PITCH" and click on the line.
In the "action" box type ..
on
Both Pitch Leds should light up.
If not, then probably there is hardware fault.

Posted Sat 24 Oct 15 @ 9:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)