Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: data in remix field disappeared

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Help! I just lost all the data on the remix field. I've been working with the tag editor all day everything was fine. I just reopened virtual dj and there is nothing listed in the remix field but the filename is still in tact - artist - title (remix). What happened?

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 5:47 am
still having issues = the data that should be in the remix field is not there

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 5:52 pm
Did you click OK after all this work? Is the info still in the field of the tracks that you did not work on, or did you lose all the info from all of your music? Did you try again?

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 8:57 pm
Here is what happened

I went through an entire database and fixed the tags with the tag editor. Everything showed up fine -
example artist - 2 unlimit title - no limit remix - clean single

then I wrote tag

next I renamed tag as suggested - artist - title (remix)

everything was fine.

Going through database, trying to search for songs it would not search so i would have to go to master folder and recurse then it would search for whatever I was searching for. Shut down program.

Next day restarted and went to folder I have been working on and the remix field is blank but looking at the filenames the filenames have been changed to what I had done but the 'remix' field is not displaying the information.

I had saved all the information, very diligently, checked and repeated. This is why this is so frustrating countless hours spent on this.

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 8:39 pm
the weird thing is when I made the changes, wrote the tag, AND RENAMED THE FILE, the filename is what I had changed it to but the remix field is gone -not displaying anything

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 8:40 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Perhaps the option getRemixWhenParsingFilenames ?

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 9:05 am
not sure what happened on this build - having issues with search function - sometimes it won't pull up any songs have to recurse it to get it correct. The tag editor seems erratic.

Posted Sat 17 Oct 15 @ 7:13 pm
anybody else having problems with the tag editor - now it is not recognizing some of the previous tags and will not let me write the tags at all.

In the picture, you can see the little arrow icon that usually points up that shows what the previous tag was/is, is missing and it will not let me write anything.
http://virtualdj.com/image/thumb/23941/172820/VDJCapture.JPG

Posted Mon 19 Oct 15 @ 7:29 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VDJ was unable to read any tag in the file, so there is nothing to read from, hence no tag read buttons.

A remix can't be parsed from a filename of "-.mp4"

It would appear to me that you've probably used a utility on your library to either automatically rename or tag your files, and it has messed them up for you.

Posted Wed 21 Oct 15 @ 3:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)