Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: CDJ 2000 HID MODE, DECKS MISMATCHED

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am having an issue where when you connect the pioneer decks in HID mode, decks 1 controls decks 2 on VDJ and decks 2 controls deck 1. Is there an option to swap them around. In settings I see where it suggests it's possible but it doesn't make a difference. Sometimes only 1 deck gives sound even though i'm still able to control it. Does anyone know of an updated guide to connect CDJ decks to VDJ in HID mode?

This option doesn't show up when connecting decks with virtual dj but does come up in serato and traktor

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 5:21 pm
Is on my whishes-thread. I think there is no solution. Putting on CDJ's is always a lot of work.
But I didn't get any reaction....

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 6:24 pm
It's a very important issue that needs addressing, hope the team responds

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 6:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can specify which CDJ controls which deck in the Controllers window of VDJ config.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 8:30 pm
SBDJ wrote :
You can specify which CDJ controls which deck in the Controllers window of VDJ config.

Thanks i'll test it out tomorrow

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 8:38 pm
SBDJ wrote :

Yes, I know... but you have to do this all the time on my mac. Or 1&2 are reversed, or the sound is reversed.. There is always something wrong.
Why not as RB? Just ask on the cdj the deck it has to control when turning on the cdj....

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 9:11 pm
Another issue is, after prolonged use the cue button on the CDJ fails to respond to every press. On some occasions it fails to respond

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 1:29 am
Perhaps it's your CDJ that's failing after long usage. Consider servicing (changing) the CUE & PLAY buttons.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 9:45 am
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :
Another issue is, after prolonged use the cue button on the CDJ fails to respond to every press. On some occasions it fails to respond

Yup this has always been a problem for me to and my decks have been serviced.

Try this, do a backspin and hit the cue button. VDJ won't respond to the cue button until the backspin stops. Or try pressing play then hold the platter and.press the cue button, VDJ won't do anything until the platter is released. It's almost like VDJ can't do 2 things at once.

And yes I to have to reassign my decks almost every other time I turn them on.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 10:56 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Perhaps it's your CDJ that's failing after long usage. Consider servicing (changing) the CUE & PLAY buttons.

No and beatbreaker is right, do a backspin and the cue button acts crazy when pressed. I tried this on about 4 different CDJ decks and the results are the same. Something definitely not right with cue button and back spins or with cue button on its own. HID mode on VDJ could do with some fine tuning

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 11:19 am
HID mode on VDJ could do with some fine tuning

True!

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 11:29 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :

Try this, do a backspin and hit the cue button. VDJ won't respond to the cue button until the backspin stops. Or try pressing play then hold the platter and.press the cue button, VDJ won't do anything until the platter is released. It's almost like VDJ can't do 2 things at once.

That's not an issue of the CUE button, nor the HID protocol.
If you wish CUE button to behave differently (eg brake the backspin and go to cue or set a cue while the platter is on hold with your hand e.t.c.) ask on the wishes forum.
What you mention here is just different logic from the one used by default from VirtualDj to handle commands.
And the different logic does not mean "bug" with the button or the protocol.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 1:52 pm
What i'm experiencing on various CDJ decks is that the cue button becomes unresponsive temporarily even after just loading a track to the deck. for some reason. Kinda hit or miss experience as if the software still detects movement on the touch platter. Hard to explain I would have to record my experience if and when it happens, if I press play then press cue it starts to work as it should. The issue only arises after prolonged use, all other mapped keys work perfectly just the cue button has some kinks where the software refuses to detect that it has been pressed

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 5:54 pm
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What i'm experiencing on various CDJ decks is that the cue button becomes unresponsive temporarily even after just loading a track to the deck. for some reason. Kinda hit or miss experience as if the software still detects movement on the touch platter. Hard to explain I would have to record my experience if and when it happens, if I press play then press cue it starts to work as it should. The issue only arises after prolonged use, all other mapped keys work perfectly just the cue button has some kinks where the software refuses to detect that it has been pressed

I have the same issue with the CDJs at the club as well. This used to occur with an older pair of 2ks and also with a brand spanking new pair of 2k Nexus.

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 1:07 am
Another issue is where sound will only come from one deck sometimes yet i'm still able to control it

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 2:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)