Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Plugin Support - Versions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AlsoneHome userMember since 2011
Hi,

Which versions of the software support additional software plugins?

eg. Does the Home Version support plugins or does it require the pro version?

I looked at your comparison tables but couldn't see Plugin support mentioned.

Thanks in advance.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 10:54 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
All versions (except LE, I think) support plugins, however some plugins need a Pro licence to download them.

Slip loop and slipbrake8 are two of my releases, for 3 months they were pro only after that I opened them up to all users.

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 11:34 pm
AH Ok so it's plugin dependant.

I'd better contact support then as the pluging I'm talking about is as yet unreleased.

Thanks for the reply, most helpful. :)

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 8:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If the plugin is unreleased then support wouldn't be able to give you any real information.

Best to speak to the plugin author directly.

Posted Mon 12 Oct 15 @ 9:25 pm
Isn't it the VDJ developers that decide which plugins are free and which need the chargeable higher versions of VDJ?

Just looking across the plugin downloads, it appears as though it's down to VDJ's owners as there are no charges but different VDJ version requirements, according to how valuable or professional they perceive the plugin to be to professionals. As the only people to benefit from that are VDJ through sales of higher end versions of the program as there are no separate charges for the plugins, surely the choice as to the product level supporting the plugin is down to VDJ not the plugin developer.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 8:59 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The plugin designer decides what level his plugin should be available. It's an option to choose before you upload the plugin to vdj servers.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 9:44 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
As above, it's entirely up to the plugin author to choose who they want to make it available to, and they can change it at any time if they wish as well.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 3:55 pm
Ok much clearer now, many thanks.

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 6:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)