Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Having problems with using VMS4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I just got a VMS4 from a friend. I downloaded Virtual DJ LE, and it works fine. The problem is that my mixer is not talking to the program, so that pushing the buttons on the mixer has no effect on the program. I read some things about updating firmware but when I go to my Virtual DJ folder through All Programs, there is no option for that. I am very new to this and don't know much about computers either so keeping answers simple and thorough would be great. I really want to start making music with my VMS4 but I can't do that until I can actually use it. I'd appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks,
Lizz

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:01 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
is the vms recognized by your os ?
did you install the according Asio drivers ?

Posted Fri 09 Oct 15 @ 7:03 pm
I did install the right ASIO drivers, and the VMS is showing up under devices, if that's what you mean.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 7:37 pm
please post a screenshot of the windows asio panel when the vms is connected

Posted Sun 11 Oct 15 @ 9:07 pm
Ok, I do not know what an asio panel is or how to bring it up, but I'd be happy to do so once I've been enlightened. : )

Posted Tue 13 Oct 15 @ 6:20 pm
windows start button/ American Audio Asio driver/ Asio Settings

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 7:42 am

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 8:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 8:13 pm
make also sure you switch you unit to 8out ( front panel of the VMS ) and reboot again.
seems you are working in timecode mode (4in - 4out)

Posted Fri 16 Oct 15 @ 8:21 pm
Hey,

I tried following the instructions. I got to #7 on the first list to find that there IS no "LowerFilters" option. Both have an "UpperFilters", though. I didn't delete anything at this time. This problem that the USB port thinks my VMS is a mouse or something seems like a likely answer.

I now have my VMS set to 8-out and the panel looks like this:

Also I lost my headphones so now I definitely can't hear anything regardless. _._ I'll be back when I get some new ones. Thanks for all your help!

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 4:55 pm
Custom skin on the VMS follows the 3-1-2-4 Deck order.
To assing the decks correctly to your midi logs, please set up your asio settings like shown on the screenshot:

Posted Sun 18 Oct 15 @ 5:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)