Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 stops playing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use Virtual DJ 8 with the Denon MC6000MK2. Initially the tracks were skipping when played then I changed the latency to automatic (512), turned off the ultralatency and switched off the internet on the laptop. That seemed to be fine until VDJ8 began to randomly just stop playing in the middle of the song. It didn't freeze or shut down just stopped playing. This happened during a gig and I had to cue the next song immediately. This was very embarrassing and unprofessional. I'm annoyed that I paid for the license/program to use VJ8 and this is happening. What's worse it happens randomly and I don't know when it will happen again. Does any one else experience this or know how to fix this problem? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 11:58 pm
Did it only happen the once (i.e. at the gig), or has it been regularly stopping at home too?

Does it only happen when using the Denon? Have you tried with VDJ 7 to see if the same thing happens?

If you're using the Denon ASIO driver, try using the normal Windows driver instead. Lots of MC6000 users get better results that way.

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 9:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So after playing a track on the other deck, did you had to relaunch VirtualDJ, or you were able to use both decks normally after that ?
When the first deck stopped, did you notice if the PLAY LED on your Denon was blinking (paused status) ?
Any chance its related to some specific track ?

Please try this...
Assign a custom button on the skin as .. touchwheel_touch and next time this happens , see if its active. If it is, just press this button to release the Jog Touch (could be a reason for a track to stop playing)

Posted Mon 05 Oct 15 @ 11:47 pm
Thanks for responding. It happened both at a gig and at home. And also with the Denon. When setting up the Laptop to work with Denon it would not work without the ASIO driver. I can try it again just to see if it will make a difference.

I can't remember if the play light was blinking since it happens randomly however I never needed to relaunch VDJ 8. I haven't tried VDJ7 with the Denon. I will try your suggestion as well.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 10 Oct 15 @ 2:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)