Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Crash Report.................. - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ just crashed and restarted, any info on this please???

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 3:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There seem to be a couple of crashes while querying a custom buttons with some effect code.
Which script did you use on the custom button?

2000mb for loading the vdjedit seems high. Would it be possible to send me this vdjedit?

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 4:53 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
beatbreaker1 wrote :
I wasn't recording but if I was I still wouldn't use your record feature because the lips aren't in sync with the video plus it's heavy on the CPU all of which I've mentioned before.

I noticed that too yesterday while recording.
The CPU was burning and over 90% all of time while recording.
I didn't use a controller, nor did I mix myself, no external monitor...
Just VDJ playing some videos in automix.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 8:52 am
Been mixing, scratching and all that jazz for about 15/20 minutes and out of nowhere VDJ crashed, any word on whats causing this??

I swear Im not doing anything different, VDJ just wont play longer then that without crashing, UGH!!

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 10:57 pm
Crash report findings??

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 12:52 am
Come guys, I really wanna use this program but if you don't even tell me whats going on how in the world am I suppose to fix this???

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 3:17 am
We are humans too, we need sleep some times...

The crash occurred when trying to close the VDJSpoutSender plugin.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 5:30 am
Yeah I forget were all in different time zones and yeah I know about that crash. I can recreate that over and over but that's for another time....

I'm talking about the one from this afternoon?? Probably about 6/7 hours ago now.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 5:36 am
The crash before that happened when you clicked something. Unfortunately I can't make out from the crash report what caused it exactly.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 5:46 am
Another crash but this time on the Mac side (Ive given up on the PC ever working). Was loading a track and VDJ closed then opened back up, the track was NOT corrupt.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 3:47 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No crash log here.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 8:03 am
Well I'll have to check my settings again and make sure it's set to send.

Anything on the VDJEdit I uploaded??

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 3:15 pm
The vdjedit was a little strange in that it had a source length of 0 for the video.
This caused it to show a single frame of the source video all the time, not sure if that was what was intended?
Because it was 0 there was a little problem that seemed to cause a bit of flickering on the output, this will be fixed in the next build.

Other than that, when using the edit with my own mp3 and mp4, no strange memory usage was observed.
(I'm at 300mb playing that vdjedit now)

If you just load the mp4 itself, does it increase memory usage, or only in combination with this vdjedit?

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 9:55 am
Ok if Im understanding this correctly, VDJ thought the video I overlayed was basically 1 frame so it would play that 1 frame over and over again??

The video I actually overlayed on the scratch tool was about a minute and a half so Im not sure what happened there.

Your machine might have some more balls then mine because without any tracks loaded, no fx's on, no hardware hooked up, nothing just sitting idle VDJ still runs at just under 600mb

And memory usage only goes waaay up when I play the vdjedit. Ill quit using VDJ for making edits and just go back to making my edits with iMovie for simple stuff.

Anything else I should upload or check for??

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 4:30 pm
Mine runs at 599mb idle with the same skin - default skin idle I'm at 178mb huge difference

I'm sure the skin has an impact on memory usage as u can see from above.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 5:05 pm
You are correct Wicked,

Man that is a huge difference!! Holy crap!!

So I guess its either deal with the high memory usage or get used to the standard skin that has such a waste of space and is just plain ugly............ Well on to the next problem I guess.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 5:19 pm
Can you upload the mp3 and mp4 files used in the vdj edit as well so that I can try exactly the same as you?

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 1:59 am
I think the other topic you opened explains the high memory usage.
The skin as you noticed uses already 600MB, but on top of that you forced videoMaxMemory to 1950 instead of leaving it on default.
The Intel video card does not have much dedicated video memory, so it will continue using system memory.

Was there any specific problem you had that was fixed by changing videoMaxMemory?
Otherwise I'd strongly recommend leaving it at Automatic.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 3:31 am
I've never changed that because I've always had it set to use the Nvidia card or so I thought it was using that card.

So my next question is, why isn't VDJ using the stronger Nvidia card?? I know the intel is weak which is why I have all video related programs set to use the Nvidia card.

What is the default setting so I can switch it an see what happens.

Also how can I check to see if VDJ is really using the intel card or Nvidia card.

And yes I'll upload the MP4 shortly and post a link.

Thanks for the time

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 4:31 am
By default it should show "Automatic (xxx)" with xxx the detected value.
Remove the current value of 1950, then press enter and restart and you should see it say Automatic.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 5:36 am
93%