Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stopping a download in the middle of downloading

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

trevcdaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This is somewhat an extension of my other thread about unpredictable downloads. I'll start by saying I'm working with a brand new machine, 8GB RAM, 250 GB SSD with only three things loaded on it; VDJ7, Firefox and iTunes. At this point, this a dedicated VDJ machine. As mentioned in my "What's up with the Mixes?" thread, I'm frustrated by all the different "mixes" that show up on Content Unlimited, but can sometimes narrow it down.

My question is, when I initiate a download and start listen through the cue mix, only to find out that it's not what it said nor what I'm looking for, how do I stop the down load? I can stop the track and I can hold a right click pause and it will eventually clear the track and the download, but not before it freezes the machine to a "non responsive program. Wait or quit?" screen, leaving me to wonder if it will recover. At my wedding last night, it never did not recover on it's own, but damn! On top of a painfully slow connection at the venue and spotty reception on a portable hot spot, stopping the current unusable download to move on to the next one was pretty important! Any suggestions?

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 11:13 pm
bump

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 5:29 pm
I think thats not what Content Unlimited is optimized for.

As far as i know, it is for when you have a good and stable internet connection at a gig,
so you won't care about loading a part of a song or the entire track,
or you cache/download them because you won't have a stable/fast connection there,
or even one at all.

So in the end i would never rely on connection at your gig, so i just bring everything myself.

Cheers,
Daniel

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 7:54 pm
I know how it works in an ideal world. If all things were ideal I wouldn't even be asking that question. I'd always have a flawless connection, Content Unlimited would be labeled correctly and nobody would ever request obscure Backstreet Boys songs. Weddings, what are you gonna do?!! Sometimes things are not ideal. Sometimes you deal with the hand your dealt. I'm looking for solutions in a less than ideal situation. I thought I'd read somewhere there was a command or key stroke combination that would allow you to abandon a download. That was the information I was looking for.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 9:22 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You could always say, sorry i don't have that one, but i do have...... kind of like we did in the old days.
If i ain't got it i can't play it, and if people think i can play every track ever released then they are mad and should be in an asylum i think the command is CTRL ALT Delete ;-) or P*** off ( to the nutter requesting it)

Posted Fri 25 Sep 15 @ 10:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)