Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS7III - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Actually, is there a way that I can edit the midi notes for the map? I am pretty savvy

EDIT: I got off my butt and looked for the definition file. So question probably answered.

Now to your question above. I do have a Zipped folder (NS7III.zip) under C:\Users\Owner\Documents\VirtualDJ\Devices

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 11:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
weird that no one noticed that before. It appears that the Browse encoder is "inverted" indeed.
I ll wait for others to confirm this prior changing the mapping files (which will be updated to support Pads of ver 8.2 anyways), but in the meantime, open the Numark NS7III.xml file (you have to unzip the NS7III.zip ) and edit the following line..

At Line 549 :
<encoder cc="0x03" name="SCROLL" channel="0" inverted="true" />

Posted Wed 08 Jun 16 @ 11:49 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Perfect, that did it! Thank you! Glad I am learning some new tricks too.

Not being picky but while you are in there, The Left display name has "NSIII" not "NS7III". The Right display is "NS7III".

I will get some more testing in on this map too. Let me know if I can help with anything.

I did have another question that I have not figured out. What is the "1" in the lower right corner of each dashboard screen? Perhaps I need to dig some more, but I can't figure out what to call it to find it or how to change it. I get 1/32 there when VDJ is closed. I was hoping I could get it to reflect the current auto loop size for each deck. But that does not seem to be working. I am thinking it is True or False currently and just returning a 1 all the time.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 12:21 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The "1" you see there reflects ... well..nothing ..lol
In Serato its used to display the Effect Beats, but unfortunately it cant take any value. It only offers specific ones and some "texts" like 2T, 1D etc, so could not be assigned to anything useful in VirtualDJ.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 16 @ 4:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)