Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Still crashing when playing mp3+g files

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

random karaoke mp3+g files are crashing both of my laptops. had no such issues several builds ago. they either crash instantly when loading or right at the end of a track. Happens on both win 7 and win 10 and on intel and nvidea video cards. it seemed to start around build 2412 and still does it in the latest build

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 2:43 am
when it crashes, it just closes... no dialogue. then it starts right buck up, instantly crashes again and after a moment starts again.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 2:47 am
I tried a lot of my mp3+g karaoke and have not one crash.
I have a gig tonight and I will see more karaoke to play.

I have come to a habit that I re-zip all my files with the standard settings. back in the days, if the zip file was other than the standard setting, I had problems.

So now, I just use KJ-File manager to unzip and re-zip it (just a habit now).

Try doing this to see if it the problem goes away. Use KJ-FIle Manager from Lathshaw.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 4:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Problem might occur while seeking, should be fixed in next update.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 10:23 pm
I am having the same problem with my karaoke (mp3+g files)...it seems certain ones will make the computer crash...I never had this problem with VDJ 7

Posted Sat 19 Sep 15 @ 1:51 am
im not using zipped files.. no need for zips in the 21st century

Posted Sat 19 Sep 15 @ 1:58 am
for me it crashes when either loading the track or it'll play and with about 10 seconds left it'll crash. I'd bet it has to do with intro and outro graphics

Posted Sat 19 Sep 15 @ 2:02 am
I've been having the same issues. Random karaoke files causing the screen to do 1 of 2 things. Either it will flash the program off without warning or it will lock the screen up. Is there a solution for this??

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 8:49 pm
@thebighouse

what build of VDJ8 are you using?

Posted Wed 28 Oct 15 @ 10:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)