Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 2454 closes randomly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Just closes for no reason. Will be playing a song and I click on a deck 1 or 2 it just closes. this is widely random. Had to go back to the last update and it is ok. It does this on the default skins also.
Jon J.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 7:37 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Are you connected to the Internet when it happens? If it's a crash, the crash would be automatically reported.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 2:18 pm
Yea I am and was connected ti the internet by default . Happy to hear that it may have sent error reports, but I may have it unchecked in my settings. I will make sure that it is turned on now. Thank You for your reminder for my settings.
Jon J.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 3:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As far as i can see, there are no crash reports uploaded to our server from you.
Can you reproduce it at will ?
What do you mean "click on a deck" ? Which button/part of it ?
When VirtualDJ shuts off, do you get any message ? Does the VirtualDJ launch automatically ?
Can you try to delete settings.xml from /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and see if you still get the crash ?

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 7:15 pm
Thanks djdad I do not get any messages. I have turned on error reporting now. No specific area to click on. I seems to be random even if I click any buttons, or panels. Loaded 2054 again, When I try to reproduce it, of course it will not and keeps on working ok. Just random. I have checked my Laptop for adware and other varmints and nothing found, File systems very clean. I have noticed that VDJ 8 is acting strange when it is first started it will come up with a gray background and then close itself and think about it and then come on again and load the skin, it never did that in earlier builds, started with the last few builds or so. It seems to be ok with the 2438 build so far.
And no automatic relaunch.
Jon J.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 4:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)