Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Logged in PCs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Going on this
You are granted one license to:
- install the Software on as many computers as you want, but;
- run the Software on a maximum of two computers at any single time, provided that they are at the same physical location and operated by the same person.
http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/EULA.html

If i have a copy on my home PC, my DJ PC and my backup PC what would happen in this scenario.
What if (as per another thread) my user profile crashes and i revert to another profile with VDJ in, would it need to log in under that profile, assuming i can't log out of other session as it was in my crashed profile?

I read this in the forum ""license.dat" file in My Documents/Virtual DJ" has this been confirmed that a backup can be kept and unique to each machine?
EDIT :OK the license.dat file logs me in on other user profile So assuming it is generated from my pc and does not expire that solves that issue. I,ll just keep that in a backup folder should i ever need it

What is the difference?
Virtual DJ Pro Subscribers
You will be required to connect to the VDJ servers (internet) at least once every 30 days to validate your license. If you do not do this you run the risk of you Pro version becoming a FREE home version without the Pro benefits.

This 30 days policy DOES NOT apply to Pro Infinity Users.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 7:00 pm
You can be logged in to two computers at the same time. If a third is logged in then the oldest other one is logged out. simple as that.

You will only be logged out if you do it manually yourself or if another machine on your account logs in as above.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 7:28 am
so hypothetically in theory i can login one pc after another, so long as i never connect them to the net again they will remain connected. The server won't reject a login on third attempt

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 7:40 am
That's correct, but when you connect the older one to the web it will be logged out automatically.

I'm not sure if keeping the licence.dat file works, I have tried it and it never worked for me.

There's a massive thread on this somewhere that's worth a read .....

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 7:44 am
This is not what a support staff member is saying.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 7:48 am
So why post here and ask support as well?

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 8:01 am
Because this was started at "Posted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 8:00 pm" and my ticket was open at "Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 8:47 am"
Probably a good job too because everyone seems to have a different opinion on how this works, and i want to be 100% sure so that when i,m doing a wedding my software that i paid for allows me to do what i bought it for
Another thread goes against this thought while others support it, can't both be correct?
With a key no issues with this login idea potentially big issues

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 8:05 am
I completely agree, but as long as you only use the Pro login on two machines there won't be an issue.

You can get conflicting stuff from the support staff as everyone has a different interpretation of how it works.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 8:28 am
I much prefer a serial key.
If everything works not an issue, but it would be nice if you could maybe login somewhere to check what is logged in, so any crashes you could go online to log a machine out.

As it is if a pc crashes the system thinks you are logged in preventing you using a second user account with no way of logging it out. ( assuming the other pc is logged in too)

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 8:41 am
Support can give you a licence key for your PC that doesn't expire if you never go online with that machine.

All this is to prevent serials being used multiple times like they were under V7

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 8:52 am
difficult one, might be the solution though, that in itself suggests that will in time be cracked though?

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 9:07 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Support can give you a licence key for your PC that doesn't expire if you never go online with that machine.

All this is to prevent serials being used multiple times like they were under V7

No, we don't provide license keys.
We do provide a way to license a computer that is impossible to connect on the internet. This method requires the user to send us a file, and then use some files he receives back from us. So you still "need" an internet connection to achieve this, only that this connection is not on the PC that has VirtualDj installed.

PS: We won't analyze our security mechanism, especially in public, for obvious reasons. The reason the Team gives different answers is because these answers are per case. Depending on the user's issue, we may provide different answers because licensing is NOT that simple, nor it depends on a single factor. So, what applies for you may not apply for another user.
For many years legitimate users complained about how easy it was to find a cracked copy of VirtualDj on the net. We did change our security on VirtualDj 8 and now it's far more secure than before, but it comes with the cost to be a little more "tricky" even for legitimate users to validate their license.
However if you "keep it simple" it should be trouble free. Just log-in whenever VirtualDj asks you to do so. Except the very first time you start VirtualDj on a computer, the rest times should not be an issue, assuming that you're not trying to do funky stuff with your license.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 9:28 am
paulpa66 wrote :
I much prefer a serial key.
If everything works not an issue, but it would be nice if you could maybe login somewhere to check what is logged in, so any crashes you could go online to log a machine out.

As it is if a pc crashes the system thinks you are logged in preventing you using a second user account with no way of logging it out. ( assuming the other pc is logged in too)

You don't need to log-out from a machine.
It's not a "seat" license where a seat must empty before another PC can use it. It looks like that but it works differently. So, don't worry about not logging out from a PC. VirtualDj will always allow you to log-in and validate your license.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 9:33 am
PhantomDeejay Thanks

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 9:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)