Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Windows 10 experience vs VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im quite disappointed running VDJ8 on win 10. I have been running in past VDJ on xp, vista, win 7, win 8 and never ever had any problems. I had only very few crashes during years and VDJ always restarted automatically. Now Im using vdj8 on win10. Every gig I have several lockups, folders suddenly arent accessible (if I click on my computer in left part of vdj - instead of showing drives (c, d...usb drives etc,,) it dont show anything and VDJ freezes. Its even worse - I have to use task manager to force VDJ to shutdown, but it dont start again - have to restart whole computer. Yesterday I had to completely restart whole computer 3x times during gig !!! This happen to me at least once per every gig so I have to now use my backup laptop with win 7 - where i have no problems. Before I updated to win 10 on my main workstation I had win 8 on it and no problem at all - no single freeze. So I warn all users - think twice before updating to win 10 - seems like that vdj have really serious troublles on win 10 machines. Also there is some problem with resizing of VDJ window - if I switching between wnidow and fullscreen display suddenly vdj switch to very large ( vdj is like 10x larger so I see on my screen giant part of vdj and cant control anything. I have to run task manager than vdjs visualy switch back to normal . THis is happening especially if I use display extension ( have connected projector or external tv to notebook) with different resolution than is resolution of my notebook. Seems like vdj in that cases somehow use resolution of external display - projector or TV. Its like vdj suddenly display in VGA resolution taken from external display instead of native notebook HD resolution - thats probably why vdj is suddenly very big and I see only small portion of vdj

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 2:32 pm
Thank you for this, I was just about to download Win10 but not until VDJ gets their act together.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 1:29 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
VDJ gets its act together?

It's M$ at fault, not atomix.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 5:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Actually most problems appear to come from driver issue, so it's more like Intel and nVidia's fault.
Make sure you update video card drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Posted Tue 27 Oct 15 @ 5:26 am
I upgraded to 10 , did a few gigs with no problems, last week I decided to try the VDJ remote app , this required me to install apple bonjour to enable connectivity, three crashes in one night, VDJ recovered in seconds, and I had my mic in my hand for two of them so , just talked over , so it did not really ruin the night.

I have not had time to investigate further , but installing bonjour was the only change I had made.

not blaming bonjour yet (even tho I am not an apple fan ), but have uninstalled it to see if I get the stability back, not got a gig for a couple of weeks, so should have time to test

Posted Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 4:28 pm
Hi,

Just a couple comments and questions.

Im quite disappointed running VDJ8 on win 10. I have been running in past VDJ on xp, vista, win 7, win 8 and never ever had any problems. I had only very few crashes during years and VDJ always restarted automatically. Now Im using vdj8 on win10. Every gig I have several lockups, folders suddenly arent accessible (if I click on my computer in left part of vdj - instead of showing drives (c, d...usb drives etc,,) it dont show anything and VDJ freezes. Its even worse - I have to use task manager to force VDJ to shutdown, but it dont start again - have to restart whole computer. Yesterday I had to completely restart whole computer 3x times during gig !!!

You haven't posted any specs on your laptop, (I'm assuming that you've since upgraded your laptop since running VDJ on XP) so my first suggestion is to find out what exactly is making your laptop crash. You have a CPU logger on your computer so I suggest you run that while troubleshooting your crashes. What kind of laptop are you running?

I've been running a Toshiba Satellite with an Intel(R) Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50Ghz / 2.50GHz w 16GB RAM and a 64-bit Operating System

I've never really had any driver problems, or conflicts if I configure my soundcard correctly. If I don't know that a system is completely 100% I wouldn't bring it to a gig. I run Windows 10 w VDJ 8 (current) and it runs everything beautifully.

When you mention that you have a lot of trouble when connecting to another display I would think that your main problem is the video card on the laptop. I have an HDMI on mine, and I still have to make sure to keep it cool for long sessions. Again, if you check in your system info - Windows 10 keeps a log of all the error crashes and conflicts, so you can easily find out the source of the problem. That will at least give you a starting point as to why your laptop keeps crashing. Copy and paste the error message into google and see what come up - then post here.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 15 @ 8:33 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)