Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Remove Vulgar Language - Track Cleaner

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all,

I have been looking to buy either VDJ or Serrato and one thing I have been looking at is the Track Cleaner feature. Has anyone here used it and what do they think of it? Is it any better than other software like Audacity? Any feedback would really help me...Thanks

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 1:04 pm
The track cleaner does not change the original track. A new file is created for the cleaned version. One thing to note is that you cannot hear the changes as you make them, only once you have saved the track.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 7:31 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Track cleaner is beginner friendly(ish) way of doing clean edits, there is a faster way using action poi and the forward reverse effect so you can review your edits on the fly and it really is much faster, but forward reverse is a plugin for paid users.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 10:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
The track cleaner does not change the original track. A new file is created for the cleaned version. One thing to note is that you cannot hear the changes as you make them, only once you have saved the track.

Since the latest public update you can hear changes while you make them.

The biggest benefit is indeed that is simple to use for some cutting, censoring or extending the track using loops.
The edits are also stored as a small xml file, meaning that you don't get any quality degradation since the original audio is used, and that edits can later still be adjusted.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 8:08 am
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Great feature, just wish it had a timer on the edit screen to show you where you were in track time wise. Not a big issue but would have been nice. Nice that it saves a new (clean) track ( or .vdjedit) leaving original as it was

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 12:22 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Actually, that is not a bad idea.
You should post that in the wishes forum.

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 1:48 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
done ;-)

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 1:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)