Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Beatlock

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

when using beat-lock. is there a chance you can make it so disable the total auto sync beats. Because it takes over and it runs out and if you plus or minus it or spin the jog wheel. It speeds both up and there is no way to tweak either track and because auto doesn't get it bang on all the time it would be nice to be able to tweek the individual decks to get the beat back in line.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 5:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No, you need to tweak the grid on the tracks so that beatlock will be accurate.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 5:48 pm
but they are accurate. And then when engaged it throws it out :(

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 8:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
syncopation is the gremlin here, if you run into the problem then you've already up'd your game but as sbdj says you need to tweak the grid, and it might have to happen OTF.

@atomix I'm starting to see a need for temporary cbg adjustment the kind of thing that is reset on unload, 1/2&*2 bpm I do often for more fx range. cbg sometimes I'll tweak if the samples don't match.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 10:13 pm
Ok how do you tweak the grid on the tracks then ?? so I can try this and see if it still plays up

Posted Thu 10 Sep 15 @ 9:57 pm
Use the BPM Editor (as per VDJ User Guide page 63).

Posted Fri 11 Sep 15 @ 6:30 pm
this would mean having to go through every track when I'm in the mix. This is not practical one bit. it would just be nice to be able to tweak the track once the beatlock is engaged.

Posted Sun 13 Sep 15 @ 5:42 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Scripts

repeat 33ms & adjust_cbg -0.01
repeat 33ms & adjust_cbg +0.01

Posted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 9:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)