Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Downloaded vdj 8 in settings licences if i log in it says VDJ pro infinity already haver and current licence VDJ pro infinity. But if i log out ( which i mainly will be) then it says i need a licence. How do i validate it for offline use? Previously had pro 7

Do i need another keycode? if so not shown in my cpanel of this site under licences.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 11:06 am
There is no need to log out. You can have two machines actively logged in to the VDJ servers at any time. The machine will stay logged in until either you physically log out or a third machine is logged in where it will disconnect the oldest logged in one.

If you are offline then the software only allows home use which is normal as the authentication for the Pro licence is now carried out on VDJ servers.

Only reason to log out would be to use a third machine but that breaks the terms of the EULA anyway.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 11:19 am
kradcliffe wrote :
There is no need to log out. You can have two machines actively logged in to the VDJ servers at any time. The machine will stay logged in until either you physically log out or a third machine is logged in where it will disconnect the oldest logged in one.

If you are offline then the software only allows home use which is normal as the authentication for the Pro licence is now carried out on VDJ servers.

Only reason to log out would be to use a third machine but that breaks the terms of the EULA anyway.

Um, well my situation. I prefer not to connect to internet when working and in most cases have no wifi where i work. So how can i keep my main machine or backup logged in with no wifi?
Think i,m missing something..
So do i now need to be connected to net to use vdj8?
"If you are offline then the software only allows home use which is normal as the authentication for the Pro licence is now carried out on VDJ servers."

I guess VDJ 8 is not for me then. Seems daft assuming we are all able to have wifi access at all our gigs.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 11:41 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
As Kradcliffe said.
You don't have to log out.
If you don't have an internet connection while at a gig (most of us don't), VDJ will not ask you to login as long as you did not logout manually earlier.
Just active (log in) one time, cut your internet connection and VDJ will stay logged in and never ask you to log in again.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 11:47 am
PachN wrote :
As Kradcliffe said.
You don't have to log out.
If you don't have an internet connection while at a gig (most of us don't), VDJ will not ask you to login as long as you did not logout manually earlier.
Just active (log in) one time, cut your internet connection and VDJ will stay logged in and never ask you to log in again.

OK i see now so log in at home, cut my wifi and it will remain logged in.
Thanks all makes sense now.
So my backup needs connecting too.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 11:49 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 11:51 am
Why does that thread say
"BUT - if you close VDJ8 on your MAIN machine and re-open it - YOU WILL be required to login again."

So i am 100% on this.
I have 2 machines main and 100% replica backup. If i log both machines in at home then disable both laptops wifi so i never connect to any other network, both my machines remain with pro features after any reboots.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 2:59 pm
Yes

It was originally one machine logged in at a time when V8 was released but it caused a lot of problems so it was changed to two.

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 5:09 pm
thanks

Posted Wed 09 Sep 15 @ 5:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)