Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Read only issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi friends
Some things that I have seen in read only mode.
1) If database is corrupted and you press yes and you have mounted the unit as r/w mode the database file is deleted.
2) The software writes on the disk if it is not mounted as read_only. The virtualdj folder is created and some things are written inside it.
3) I have had a hang two versions ago.. In status bar the messages list was increasing (ad to dB, analyzing, searching) and nothig was done... maybe a combination of a filedate hang in NAS drive and some things. Tried to reproduce but I can't.
As suggestion, nothing says to you that you are in read_only mode and if you forget you can go crazy. Yo can add to DB, analyze with nothing done. Maybe a warning 2 seconds message that you are in read_only mode would be great.

Bests!

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 5:04 am
manu-sp wrote :
Hi friends
Some things that I have seen in read only mode.
1) If database is corrupted and you press yes and you have mounted the unit as r/w mode the database file is deleted.
2) The software writes on the disk if it is not mounted as read_only. The virtualdj folder is created and some things are written inside it.
3) I have had a hang two versions ago.. In status bar the messages list was increasing (ad to dB, analyzing, searching) and nothig was done... maybe a combination of a filedate hang in NAS drive and some things. Tried to reproduce but I can't.
As suggestion, nothing says to you that you are in read_only mode and if you forget you can go crazy. Yo can add to DB, analyze with nothing done. Maybe a warning 2 seconds message that you are in read_only mode would be great.

Bests!

PS: I speak about mount units (in windows) because I'm working with veracrypt encrypted volumes.

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 6:09 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Tue 08 Sep 15 @ 8:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)