Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: BUG in VIDEO Editor

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was playing around with this and this is what I found that I believe it's a bug.

Well, select any MP3 and choose video editor and add a video clip at a certain spot on the song.

What happens is, if the song has a COVER ART, it will display this on the monitor and if it does not have a cover art, it display a BLACK screen and the clip will play when it reaches the spot you set it on.

For me, I don't want to display the cover art at all and don't want the black screen too. I just want it to play the MP3 and if the slideshow is running, it will continue to display the pics until the CLIP where I set it on to start on the MP3 begins, it will display the clip then it finishes (short clip), goes back to displaying the SLIDESHOW.

Also while in VIDEO editor, should have the option to remove or not use the Cover Art.

Hope I made sense.

TIA for everything.

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 9:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry, but what you ask makes no sense.

Once an audio file is opened with Video Editor and a video is overlayed, it becomes a Video file, so the AudioOnlyVisualisatons will not apply when this file plays of course, since its not an audio file anymore.
Now, if you dont want any blank screens when this file plays, you can either add/overlay pics or stretch the video.

Btw, no cover Art is displayed here. Is this coming from any Visualisation or an Effect that you have enabled ?

Definitely not a bug. You may request this in the wishes forum and let the Team decide if worths implementing something like that.

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 9:48 pm
I only have the Slideshow plugin displaying pictures while MP3 is playing.

I was trying to see if it was possible to insert a CLIP in the middle of an MP3 file.

If the clip is inserted in the beginning of the MP3, everything works as it should (stretch/repeat).

At this point, since the file have turned into a video file, it will display BLACK/BLANK (I remove the cover art) until it reaches where the clip is inserted.

If the cover art is present, it display that instead of a BLACK/BLANK screen.

This would be a feature I could use (wishful thinking).

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 10:26 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hm... I'm not sure where (Editor or sth.) you could do this, but I remember that it is possible to define a transparency colour.
If you set that colour to black, your visualisation should be visible (if the video is overlaying the visualisation of course).

If I'm wrong and this is not possible at the moment, it would be a good place to post this in the wishes forum.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 9:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)