Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Text box too small

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

AxelFSPRO InfinityMember since 2010
At long mix tracks the numbers cannot be read, because the text box is too small.

It seems to be a problem in the default skin:

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 8:30 pm
If it is ok with the creator of the skin, I can fix this for you very easily. If they approve it to be resized you can send to me a private message to let me know what skin needs to be fixed.
Jon J.

Posted Mon 10 Aug 15 @ 9:11 pm
Hi Jon,

yes, it would be fine if you could fix that for me, but in general the VDJ8 default skin should be fixed by the VDJ developers.

I use the 2 decks display in 1920 x 1080 resolution.

Regards
Axel

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 8:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 11 Aug 15 @ 8:18 pm
I can see the same issue too. (but its only cosmetic)

Ive updated to the latest version of the default skin and loaded a very long track, and as you can see the number is drawn too big..

but its only a cosmetic issue and its easily fixable with a quick edit of the .xml file...

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 5:52 pm
I wonder if it's possible to make this particular text display area smarter?

E.G. it checks the length of the loaded track, and if it's over X time, it displays using a smaller font size.

Posted Wed 12 Aug 15 @ 5:57 pm
Hi,

it is better with the Skin from DjDad, but there would be enough space to make the text box a little larger...

Posted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 6:54 pm
It is an easy fix. Just look into the xml file and find the textzone that is related to that area and set the text size down a number down 1 or 2 digits then save it and slip it back into the zip file. I have fixed many textzones that had this problem and it work nicely.
if it is something that may be difficult for you, I can do it in 5 mins. But I need the permission of the skin creator and the actual skin in question.
Here is an example. Just lower the number until it fits.

<textzone panel="decksfull" deck="right">
<size width="62" height="16"/>
<pos x="1226" y="198"/>
<up x="1365" y="582"/>
<size width="90" height="10"/>
<text font="digital-7" size="19" color="orange" weight="bold" align="left" scroll="yes" format="%Pspent"/>
<text2 font="digital-7" size="19" color="blue" weight="bold" align="left" scroll="yes" format="%Pleft"/>
<text3 font="digital-7" size="18" color="#FFFFFF" align="left" scroll="yes" format="%author %title"/>
</textzone>

Jon J.

Posted Fri 14 Aug 15 @ 11:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)