Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NS7II Exteranl Audio Input

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The NS7II has 12 audio inputs, however, not able to input audio from external source within VDJ. Sure, I can get audio into the hardware mixer via switch to "line input"... but then I loose midi and can not record the source in VDJ.

So, I would like to know exactly how to connect an external source (Like a CDJ) so that it can be mixed via software....not hardware. I looked at the NS7II VDJ manual (Specifically last page)... no help.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 12:23 am
You should read more carefully page 19 of the operation guide.
Numark NS7 II VirtualDj 8 Operation Guide wrote :
Microphone and Line Inputs of the Numark NS7II cannot be routed to the software individually, therefore no Timecode (DVS) functionality is available nor can the Microphone be controlled from VirtualDJ.

So, you can't route line inputs on the software and mix them from within VirtualDj.
As with any hardware mixer, you'll have to use the input swithces and loose deck control when switching from one source to another.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 9:38 am
Well, that was a bit confusing seeing that the controller has so many line inputs and the software can allow it to come into the computer and add effects.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 10:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Several ASIO drivers report Inputs and Outputs that dont exist. VirtualDJ will simply provide a list of the reported Ins/Outs, but this doesnt mean they exist.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 15 @ 11:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)