Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules DJControl Instinct -- Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello everyone;

I'm really sorry if this has already been asked, but I have searched both Google and this Forum to no avail.

Ok, so I use Virtual DJ 8.0.0 2362.1042 (OSX) along side a Hercules DJControl Instinct. I have a strange issue in that sometimes when I load a track to a deck, the function of the jog wheel is no longer to control either turn table, but instead to browse files. The same also happens if I use my mouse to control the 'vinyl' on screen it does not manipulate the track as it should, but instead scrolls up and down the files in the browser.

One thing I did notice is if I keep hold of the 'PFL' button which changes which channel comes through the headphones, the jog wheel then does what it should but as soon as I let go of the button it goes back to how it was until I restart Virtual DJ.

I've tried toggling Vinyl mode both on the controller and the VDJ skin but doesn't really change anything. I can sometimes load and mix 5 - 10 tracks before this happens.

Anyways... I'm certain I am missing something pretty basic here and you're welcome to remove this thread if someone can point me in the right direction, thanks.

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 10:50 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We have updated the mapping files for the Instict in builds ending at xxxx.1043 (and higher)
Open VirtualDJ, wait for a minute (to silently update the controllers files), close Virtualdj and re-open.
Changes.
- The UP and DOWN buttons set the jogwheels to Browser mode while those are held down but now they set jogwheels back to Jog mode when released. (thats the bug actually you had reported )
- The PFL buttons work as PFL and not as SELECT now (they follow the PFL buttons of the MIXER), so you can hear even both tracks on Headphones. The PFL buttons dont change the mode of the Jogs now.

Posted Fri 31 Jul 15 @ 1:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)