Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video Bugs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, this is quite ridiculous. I'm currently re-installing b2352 of Virtual dj 8.
Bugs atm:
On music clip load, video screen goes full screen on current monitor (instead of second display). I can't resize this video window and have to quit or Vdj will crash on me.
Using additive video modes, the video window flashes white when loading a clip on the silent (fader right down) deck.
Video window will always pop up on top of Vdj instead of on second display.

None of these bugs were happening yesterday and I managed a full mix with nothing going wrong.
I'm currently re-installing to see if it makes a difference. Using a mac on the latest version of yosemite.

Edit: Re-install did nothing. It's crashing every time I load a video now.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 3:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When video goes full screen on your monitor, can you try to double-click on the screen ?
Normally the full screen should become windowed, and you should be able to resize and/or close

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 4:24 am
No, it wasn't giving me any options to resize, it was just crashing, I made sure video_fullscreen was set to 0 in settings to.

I reset to factory settings and now video loads up straight away on my second screen fixing the crashing.

I am still getting flashes of white when I'm loading my next video onto the empty deck when using additive and multi additive plugins. I'm using the mac version.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 4:53 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Please be more descriptive about the flashes of white.

Is it a brief flash then everything is OK or something else?

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 5:57 am
Brief flash of white, everything goes back to normal, it's only for a few milliseconds.

Posted Sun 26 Jul 15 @ 6:04 am
Still doing it. Incredibly frustrating as I cannot record any mixes.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 6:27 am
When you say 'still' doing it, I asked you for more information and you said it wasn't doing it any more.

I'll do some more testing.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 11:07 am
OK, managed to replicate and will investigate.

Posted Thu 30 Jul 15 @ 11:43 am
Great to hear, thanks.

Posted Sat 01 Aug 15 @ 6:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)