Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help with Supporting karaoke

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all. I am starting to offer Karaoke for my company. I already have the content and it's on a separate hard drive. I am also going to pay for Content Unlimited for Karaoke.

I love using Virtual DJ for my DJ shows. I see that it can be used for video like Karaoke and I would like to do that.

However, I am trying to determine if I can separate Karaoke (video) stuff from regular music stuff. In other words, when I am DJ'ing I would like to only see my regular MP3 files when searching and when doing karaoke I would like to only see Karaoke files.

Can someone suggest a way to me for accomplishing that?

Thanks all ............... Rob

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 12:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I suppose, you want to use version 8, right ?

The first thing you need to do is to mark your video Karaoke files (Karaoke that are not mp3+cdg) as Karaoke type.
E.g. your Karaoek files are inside /Karaoke folder (and probably nested folders)
Right-click on the Karaoke folder, choose Recurse. Select all files (CTRL+A) from the Songs list, right-click -->Tag Editor and mark/enable the Karaoke field/choice at the right of the window.
Do that for all the folders may contain Karaoke Video files.

Then each time you need to get only Karaoke (or only Audio etc), you need to choose the type from the Browser Options (left toolbar of the Browser - small dot above A+, A-) -->Show only

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 1:08 pm
Excellent! Thank you very much for the advice. That is exactly what I wanted.

Rob

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 5:09 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)